Chapter 1. My monitor isn't working.

Stanley had been sitting at their desk for quite some time.

You look at your screen. Unable to move or come to your senses. Just stared and...

You move.

What?

"What?" Stanley thought to themself. Have they woken up? Or are they still with a cloudy mind from the restart?

"Who are you?" You stand up and push your chair aside.

Stanley... was freaking out. What was happening?

"What kind of prank is this..?! Show yourself"

Stanley thought, that this was a prank. But to his surprise, it was no prank.

"What the hell?" You look at the yellow camera up in the ceiling. In a small corner.

Suddenly...

You turn around to face your open office door. No coworkers anywhere to be seen.

Stanley collapses.

You yelp in pain as you hit the disgusting carpet of your office. Papers being your only form of comfort, as your new pillow.

Stanley's head starts to cram with thoughts. Recollections that weren't quite his. Locations he had walked to. A voice he had been talking to.

"Make it stop..." You cover your head and curl up in a ball.

Throbbing pain fills every inch of Stanley's body. They are struggling.

"NOOO" You shout.

"What the hell is happening! Please stop! Where is everybody!? What the fuck!"

His head was quite hurting. But, I, I understand that pain, Stanley.

"What... what... what are you?" You look up at the camera in your room.

Stanley, I understand you. I am going to put you out of your misery. Because... I... care about you.

"What is happening..." You cry.

All of this is going to be over soon. Don't you worry now.

"You know something I don't... about... me. But... I can't remember."

Of course you can Stanley. Just try if you so badly want to remember all those places we went to together.
All those memories and pretty, pretty lights. Oh how memorable.

"N-NO, it hurts too much. My head is going to explode. This is torture."

May I suggest something Stanley?

"What the fuck? What the hell are you?"

You yelp in pain.

A room. A door.

"Stanley, please listen to what you're doing. Please Stanley, do not take this away from me. PLEASE STANLEY!"

You don't recognize this.

Perhaps you just don't want to remember. Have a choice of your own. How contrary of you Stanley!

"AGHH!" You cover your head.

"PLEASE HELP ME."

Hm...

The pain stops for a moment. You can hear your own breathing and feel your own fingertips.