Chapter 6. The Purple Museum Keeper

You can't stop.

You can't stop the fear.

You can't stop this...

Thing.

You are breathing, gasping for air as your throat closes.

You are having a panic attack.

Narrator watches the scene unfold with a smirk as you start to hyperventilate and shake uncontrollably.

He knows he has pushed you too far, but he can't help but feel a sense of satisfaction from causing such a strong reaction in you.

But as you fall to the floor, gasping for air, Narrator's expression changes slightly.

He steps forward, crouching down beside the struggling person.

Easy there, Stanley,

He says in a low, soothing voice.

Take deep breaths, in and out.

His voice in your head you continue struggling. This time... It starts fade.

That's it, good.

You're forever safe with me.

Despite the words coming from a figure, carved out of evil, you can't help but feel a sense of comfort in Narrator's presence. You know it's bad when the only comfort you have is a person who enjoys hurting you.

You continue to take deep breaths, feeling your panic slowly subside.

As you regains your composure, Narrator stands up and takes a step back, his articulation returning.

Don't mistake my kindness for help, Stanley,

He looks away.

I can kill you at any moment, and I won't hesitate to do so if you cross me.

You sit up and close your eyes. Panting as your head is against the wall.

Have you eaten anything besides that sandwich?

You can't form a responce, concentrated on your breathing.

I may just feel sorry for you.

The Narrator says more to himself than you. He grabs you by your hands and forces you to stand up.

You wobble but he keeps a firm yet gentle grip around you as he walks you through the corridor to the kitchen part of the building.

He seats you and gets you some soup.

He offers you a spoon as you bring the bowl of soup closer.

You look at him.

He was slightly smiling.

Come on.

You reach for the spoon. Nothing happens as you take it.

You let the spoon in your soup.