x. sleepless nights

╚════════*

╚════════*.·:·.☽✧    ✦  ✧☾.·:·.*════════╝

She hated when the children were restless, no matter what she did nothing ever worked. Sihtric could calm them most of the time by talking to them but lately, not even that's as working, she worried her anxiety was running off on them too.

She glanced down with a smile when Sihtric placed a kiss on her bare stomach softly, he continued to trail kisses even lower until he rested between her thighs, and she shivered when his hands gripped her thighs to pull them apart. Finan chuckled at her gasp of pleasure when Sihtric leaned down to taste her, the Irishman pulled her into a kiss as he groped her breasts.

Sihtric continued to feast on her as if it was his last meal while Finan leaned down to take a nipple into his mouth, she moaned as their mouths moved in a rhythm that would soon cause her undoing. She tangled one hand in Sihtric's hair to keep his face buried between her thighs and the other stroked Finan's cock, the Irishman moaned against her and tweaked her other nipple with his fingers in a warning.

"Uhtred would be jealous to see you lying here just for us." Finan mumbled into her neck as he sucked a mark onto it, she moved her hips against Sihtric's face as she came and Finan didn't hesitate to pull Sihtric into a kiss to taste her release in the younger boy's mouth. She let out a moan at the sight, of her beautiful boys and they were all hers.

"We are divided, it seems. We are two people, it seems." The crowd laughs at Ragnar's joke. "Over here, we have the ugly, the unwashed, the shit-smelling, the pig-humping, frog-licking, the Rome worshipping, ugly, frog-licking Saxons!" Luna found it amusing that her men were so excited to pull a rope in a show of power. Uhtred, who was still recovering pulled her back against his chest, one arm wrapped around her and the other holding a cup of ale.

"Frog-licking?" Osferth mumbled.

"That is who we are." Finan shouted as Sihtric bent backward as Finan poured a pitcher of ale into Sihtric's mouth and then his own.

They made everything attractive without even trying.

"But we do not lick frogs." Osferth corrected. Uhtred pulled her closer and kissed her shoulder softly.

"I am surprised you are here, I would assume they had tired you out." He teased her and pulled her into a kiss.

"They tried, believe me."

"They face, in a battle of strength the pretty, the sweet-smelling, the light of foot-" Ragnar shouted and winked at her.

"Whoo-hoo!" Brida yelled with a grin.

"Apple-cheeked." Cnut added and Ragnar moved to place his forehead against his cousins.

"The apple-cheeked, golden-haired boys of Denmark and beyond." Ragnar shouted as the crowd cheered.

"Ragnar, you are a Skald, not a warrior." Uhtred shouted to his brother.

"I have the gift, I really do," Brida and Luna laughed softly as he turned back to the men. "You may take the rope."

"Come on! Let's do this! Come on!" Finan yells.

"Are you prepared?" Ragnar asks.

"Look at him, he loves it." He says to the two women next to him.

"He'd play games every day if he could." Brida says.

"Is there spit in your hands?" Finan immediately spits in his palms and Osferth looks disgusted. Luna gagged at the nastiness of it. "Good earth beneath your feet?" Ragnar shouts.

"Come on! Get with it, Ragnar." Brida yells teasingly.

"Come on, let's do this!"

"Pull! Saxons, pull! Pull! Pull! Are you a dane? Pull!" Ragnar yells watching the men, the crowd cheers in excitement.

"You never tire of this game." Uhtred said.

"If only all wars were fought this way. Pull you, bastards!" Ragnar unsheathed his sword and moved to hold the hilt of the sword as he slashed the rope in half.  "Ragnar, son of the fearless is the victor!" He screamed as the men fell to the mud and dirt, and Uhtred and Brida laughed at the sight. "We bring twenty men on their arse while drinking ale!"

"You are life itself." Uhtred says pulling away from Luna, who is immediately grabbed by Sihtric for a kiss, and Uhtred goes to hug Ragnar, their moment is cut short by a guard ringing the bell.

"Ragnar!"

"We're playing games, can't you see that?" Ragnar said in irritation.

"Ragnar, it is the watchman."

"The gate, open it." Ragnar said urgently.

"Ragnar?" Uhtred questions.

"My watchmen don't return for no reason." He speaks as the watchman rides in.

"What is it?" She asked the man.

"Men and horses, lord. Warriors."

"How many?" Uhtred asks.

"Forty or fifty, I don't recognize them."

"Spears and arrows to the walls till we know who they are and what they want. Hold your aims until command!"

"Finan." Sihtric says as he jumps up and retrieves their weapons from the roof. Both of them push her gently behind them to be shielded in case of an attack.

"Bar the gate!" Ragnar dunks his head in the water to sober up ending their fun.