Kuina

Kuina x gender neutral reader

I really liked my dojo, I had a good teacher but my teacher didn't seem to be the best person towards his child.

He says that his child is a boy, but I'm not to certain that's the case.

Today was the day I decided to go up and talk to them, we seemed to be about the same age.

I had just changed into my regular clothes, and walked back into the dojo to see the kid lying there staring at the ceiling.

I walk over to them and kneel down.

"Hey, are you okay?" I ask, my voice laced with concern.

"Yeah," they look over at me. I sigh and lay down next to them.

"So what's your name?"

They stayed silent for a moment and then answered, "I'm Kuina."

I smile, my eyes focusing on spot on the ceiling, "It's nice to meet you Kuina, I'm Y/N."

I think their dad isn't around so I think I can ask them what they are.

"So, this is kind of a personal question but, what is your preferred pronouns, cause I know your dad called you a boy, I just want to make sure with you," I say rather quickly.

Out of the corner of my eye I see their head turn towards me.

"I'm a girl." I turn my head towards her and nod.

"Cool, so I was thinking maybe if you had some free time we could hangout?" I questioned.

"I'm free but, what would we do?" she asked.

"We could go get something to eat, I'm starving," I laugh slightly.

"Well sounds like you need some food," she laughs.

She seems less tense than when I first came in the room. Her face looks so peaceful when she smiles, I think she should do it more often.

"You have somewhere in mind or nah?" Kuina asks.

"Nah, why don't you choose," I suggest.

"Okay," she replies.

-

"So now that we're here, I'm gonna say that I've never gone here before," I look over at her, she seems really chill.

"Yeah me either. I was hopping to try something new," Kuina smiles.

"Hmmm," I smile back. There's that smile again I can't help but stare I only break from my trance when her face looks worried.

"Hey Y/N, your making a weird face, is something up?" Kuina questions.

"Are you makin fun of my face? how could you!" I wipe away a fake tear. Kuina laughs out, wholeheartedly. Her laughter was absolutely contagious, I couldn't help but do the same.

We go in the fast food place, and order some kind of American food. Burgers, fries, and milkshakes. Awhile later, a waitress brings our food out to us.

After sitting and eating for a bit I perk up. "So I assume that your food isn't terrible."

"Yeah, although it's not all that great," Kuina looked from her food to me.

"Yeah, same over here," I say, "although it's better than nothing."

"That's true," she agrees. Her face then scrunches up. "It's very greasy."

At which I laugh a little, and we continued that afternoon getting to know one another more.

-

"So I'll see you at the dojo?" I look at her, my eyes filled with hope.

"Yeah, see ya later." Kuina blandly says.

We stare at each other for a moment and then my eyes drift down to her lips. I then think, 'hey snap out of it you just met.' I pat her on the shoulder and start my walk home.

-------------
A/N
Sometimes people write more stuff in the authors note than in the actual story, and it honestly bothers me. Like why🤨