✉ 12

"I can not believe it is already summer," Yeji spoke.

Felix hummed, eyes searching the crowd they were in for a certain prince. He had not expected Changbin to actually speak with his brother about inviting people to the annual sword-fighting festival. When he got the letter, it was pretty much obvious that he was ecstatic. The king had even set up other competitions for the other kingdoms. Like archery, for Felix, Minho, and Jeongin, as well as anyone else who wished to join. That did not start until later, however. He had a while before that happened. Hence why he was standing beside Yeji.

He was eighteen soon. His parents had not specified when he should get engaged, but with Minho and Hyunjin's wedding's approaching, he assumed it was by the end of the year. Marrying Yeji was his duty as a prince. Even so, the thought made his skin crawl uncomfortably. They did not have anything to talk about with each other. They stood next to each other in silence. Any conversations ended just as quickly as they started. He could not imagine spending the rest of his life like that.

Neither could Minho, which was why he was turning a cold shoulder to his fiance. He was going to tell her soon that their wedding would be canceled. He just needed to figure out how he could make it work. His parents would be enraged, no doubt. He cast it aside and watched the beginning of the festival. He only gave his full attention when Jisung walked out. The knight wore a dark blue silk robe with an intricate design sewn onto one of the arms. It looked like a vine with flowers entangling around it, in the prince's opinion. Jisung's chest was somewhat exposed, revealing a large tattoo not only on his right pectoral muscle but on his neck as well. The rims of his eyes were black, a single amethyst earring dangling from his left ear.

Minho was entranced by the way he slowly moved his blade, showing it off like it was something on auction. A prideful feeling swelled inside the prince. That was the man he loved. All the ladies whispering about him—if only they knew. Jisung met Minho's gaze, a sharp blade hiding the lower half of his face. Only his eyes were visible, his hair hanging down over his forehead. Minho smirked to himself, elbow resting on the arm of his chair. His tongue peeked out from between his lips, chin meeting the palm of his hand. Oh, Han Jisung. The minute his demonstration ended, Minho excused himself and headed toward the hall in which Jisung would be exiting into. The moment he saw him, he smiled affectionately, arms opening for him.

Jisung fell into his embrace and pressed their lips together. Minho's hands found Jisung's hips and a sweet hum escaped him the second their lips detached. "You were especially enchanting," he whispered.

The knight wrapped his arms around Minho's neck with a wavering smirk. Minho's tone was far too soft. He brushed it off as exhaustion from the long trip. "It was intentional, My King." He dragged his fingers down the nape of the prince's neck, toes pushing him up to his ear. "Have I earned a reward?"

A shiver ran down Minho's spine. His hands squeezed his hips as he leaned close. "Only if you have a room. I can not have you out in the open."

Jisung grabbed Minho's hand, eyes narrowing on something, or better yet someone, in the far corner. Just as his lips brushed against the prince's jawline, they were gone, and Jisung pulled away. "Follow me."

Felix watched as Chaeyoung walked up to Yeji with a stone-cold expression. She grabbed her hand and tugged her away, confusing Felix greatly. He ignored it the best he could, watching the rest of the sword fight by himself. He had hoped Changbin would show up. He did not. Felix found himself walking the streets of Iacria, a small smile on his face. Children were running around laughing with sparklers, mothers were watching with kind smiles, and couples were gazing lovingly into each other's eyes.

Changbin must have been running around enjoying his kingdom as well. It was not like he had a duty to meet Felix. He did not have to spend the festival with him. It was simply a wish of Felix's. A pain shot through his chest. It was so significant to the point that he gripped the clothes covering his chest. The thought of Changbin searching for Yeji instead of Felix hurt. Had Changbin only used Felix's idea as a way to get closer to the princess?