тнe oғғѕprιng ordeal

Cordelia's phone started playing the usual Heat of the Moment tune that had been set as her alarm.  Groaning slightly, Cordelia opened her eyes and rolled over to turn it off.  She checked the day on her phone and realized two things. That it was Tuesday, and that she had a throbbing headache.

She sighed and grabbed the glass of water on her bedside, downing it in own gulp. The pounding in her head started to subside and she fell back into bed, not feeling the energy to move.

She had gotten home around Midnight and promptly blacked out upon her bed. Flashbacks from the night started playing in her head. As Cordelia remembered being fairly tipsy and accidently hugging a small Hispanic girl and saying "Vamanos Dora!" and tried pulling her until Tara who was equally tipsy distracted her by saying she wanted apple juice. IPhones and iPads included.

Cordelia cringed at the memories of last night and pulled her blankets over her head. Unfortunately she couldn't stay in bed all day, and actually had to face the world. Tara mentioned that she'd drop by to help with the Questioning, but the real question was if she would remember to come.

Groaning once again, she hauled herself off the bed and headed to the bathroom. She swiftly brushed her teeth and took and quick shower. It was already 10:00 am and the Bellerose siblings came to her office at two. After changing in a comfortable cream dress and brushing her dark brown hair into a sleek ponytail, Cordelia headed downstairs to eat.

One of the perks of having your own business, you're never late to work. Not technically at least. After a hectic night at Mystiques, Cordelia was ready to gain (hopefully) valuable information. Her mind drifted and she wondered if it was too soon to call Terrence. Probably, she decided and grabbed a box of Lucky Charms from the pantry. You were never too old for lucky charms.

After finishing her breakfast, Cordelia hopped off to her car. A beautiful black Hearse stood in her driveway, ready to take off. She stuck in her car key and started down the road, away from her small brick house.

It didn't take long for Cordelia to reach her office. She approached the small glass building and went inside. After grabbed a quick cup of Hot Chocolate she sat down and typed away on her laptop to working on case.

A loud knock on her door caused Cordelia to look up 2 hours later. A cunning women in her early thirties walked in with her usual white dress and styled to perfection brown hair. Irene Holmes was the wife and secretary of the Detective whose building adjoined hers. From the rumors she had heard, Irene worked more than just that. She worked the nightly entertainment business, a Mistress of some sorts according to John.

"John's convinced my husband to take some time off. So if you don't hear the usual mad muttering, don't be alarmed." Irene spoke, twisting her red lips into a smirk. "See you later Cor,"

"Good, he needs one," Cordelia smiled back, "Have fun,"

Irene gave a simple nod with a smirk still playing on her lips. She left the office with a small wave shortly after. Cordelia quickly glanced at the clock and decided to take a quick break. She had spent the last few hours digging up all the information she could on Chantal halfheartedly. A certain dashing brunette had distracted her thoughts. She grabbed a tattered Dan Brown book from the shelf near her desk and opened it up to the marked page. Cordelia knew she wasn't going to get any more work done anyways, so why not pass the time reading?

Another loud knock jarred her concentration hours later. She sighed and brought a new document to write on before she called out "Come in".