Ch. 22: I Got You

Michael's POV

I just want to go home. I think, leaning my head back on the chair in the airport. I close my eyes and try to distract myself from the fact that I've been in this airport for 4 hours. I decided to cut my internship short for the semester and head back home. Kai needs me and I can't stay here, knowing she's in pain without me there. I should be bringing her breakfast and waking up next to her. When she called, it was a little after 3:30. I talked to Professor Anthony and Bettany, explain my situation to my school and Cambridge, and pack, all within 3 hours. 

My flight is a little over 8 hours and it's been delayed twice. I haven't had to change gates, thank God, because I have a checked bag. The idea of losing my suitcase trying to get home is a headache I didn't want but of course, am now paranoid and have. It's 10:21 now and my flight starts boarding in 45 minutes. If nothing else changes, I should be home by 6 tomorrow morning, London time, and 1 am New Jersey time. I'm going to be exhausted but it's worth it.

I sit up and look down at my phone, glancing at the song. Another Snoh Aalegra song. I smile, knowing Kai added it to the playlist I made for her. I named it 'how i feel about you' and since I've been in London, it's the only thing I've listened to. The playlist is a mix of hip-hop, rnb, blues, jazz, and some pop songs. Kai adds to it whenever she finds another song that she wants to listen to and at this point, it's 104 songs. 

Kai's POV

I just want Michael. I think, staring at the tv. It's only 5 and I don't have the energy to do anything else. Jimmy went to class after we went to get boba and I stayed at the cafe, working on some of my writing. I made my way back after he left for practice. Saturdays are the days I'm typically out at the latest, starting with dance practice and then working out. I generally end the night by going out with friends from dance or with Michael but seeing that I have a dislocated knee and Michael isn't here...

I sigh, watching for probably the millionth time as Steve rips off Bucky's mask and realizes his best friend whom he thought died during the war is in fact alive. I've watched this movie around the same amount as Everything, Everything which is a lot but I never get over how unpredictable the scene is. This was the last thing I saw with Michael and I find myself watching a lot more now that he's gone. 

My phone dings in my sweatshirt pocket and I pull it out, seeing a message from Jimmy. 

slim jim 🏀

camille said to text and ask what you're doing

LMAO that woman is a gift on this earth 

she is 🤣

i'm watching captain america: the winter soldier again

you need to give that damn movie a rest