"annoying"

"Hey, mindy, wait up!" Tara called her best friend who was walking off without her. Tara was short and slow, and her friends liked to make fun of her for it.
Talking about Tara's friends..

"No, slow poke." Mindy replied as she turned to Tara, walking backwards.

"Whatever." Tara said out of breath as she finally caught up with mindy.

The two go and sit at the table. Wes and Chad are already there eating without them.

"You guys love taking your time, don't you." Wes smiled sarcastically.

"Sorry, not everyone rushes out their classrooms as soon as the clock tics." Mindy groans.

"Well, actually, I was let out late." Tara shrugs, leaning her head on the table on top of her arms.

"You tired?" Wes asks, admiring Tara's features.

"A bit. These teachers drain me." Tara groans as she closes her eyes for a second when -

"WAH." Tara jumps as she feels a hand land on her back.

"Wake up, sleepy head." Amber snickers.

"Amber!" Tara giggles as her face lights up.

"Hey, what's up?" Amber asks as she sits down next to Tara, too close for Wes's liking and places her food on the table, fries, and some chicken.

"Tired, what about you?" The smaller girl shrugs.

"Not much, just trying to get decent food from the canteen." Amber snickers as she takes a bite of a chip.

"Oo, can I have some." Tara asks as she eyes the fries.

"You're gonna take some anyways. You might as well have." Amber says, scooting the fries slightly towards Tara.

"Mm, thanks." Tara smiles as she eats Amber's food. Amber just looks down at Tara, smiling back.

"Ugh, gays." Mindy groans, flopping her head on the table.

"Uhm, excuse you. Tara isn't gay?" Wes scoffs.

"Just because she's dating you doesn't mean she's not secretly closeted." mindy smirks.

Tara just rolls her eyes. Mindy loved stirring up drama, so it was nothing new.

"Hello, strangers." Liv giggles as she sits down next to Chad.

"Hey." Chad smirks as he gives Liv a quick peck on the lips.

"Eugh." Amber gags, causing the group to laugh.

"Don't even talk. You're over there sharing food with Tara." Liv coos and makes kissing noises.

"Hello? Is everyone forgetting that Tara is TAKEN.. by ME." Wes states as he gives an annoid chuckle.

"Eh, I guess, but it's more fun teasing them." Mindy snickers.

"Ignore them, Wes. They're just joking." Tara smiles at Wes, causing him to smile back, and Amber to roll her eyes.

"I'm just saying don't be surprised when you walk in on Amber and Tara smashin- "

"MINDY." The group yelled at her.

Wes didn't say anything. He just scoffed and turned to face the other way.

Tara saw this and texted him.

Tara
You good? :(

Wes😊
Yeah, it's just that Mindy is taking it a little too far. :(

Tara
Don't listen to her, I love you. :)

Wes😊
I love you to :)) <33

Amber instantly went from smiling to frowning as she peeked over and saw these texts to Wes. Amber didn't mean to, but she distanced herself a bit from Tara, and Tara noticed.