Prologue: A world's End

____________________________________
______________________________________

.....

.......

.........

Space, the finally frontier

They say that space is the true indicator of the success of a civilization is if they can study the stars, find the secrets within the dotted nights, See beyond the Vail of seemingly endless sea of bright lights. They say that space has always been a topic of excitement for many, the idea of being other worlds in interesting, enticing even. To witness lands beyond theirs leaves the mind wondering on the possibilities— New plants, unique biomes, rock formations of the sorts.

But, let's be honest with ourselves, no one think of those when the subject weaves into conversation, the first thing that is always mentioned as the main subject matter.

Is whether life exist beyond theirs?

The idea is quite exciting to many, to know if they are not alone in this vast void has raised hope on their species' origins, but some, would rather be left alone, fearful of the prospect of life beyond their own—call it bluf or senseless anxiety, the other side would say.

Both sides are neither wrong nor right, both are valid and have no proof of backing up their excitement or fear. But maybe it's better that way.

Maybe a species who expects such things from beyond the stars, shouldn't try to venture out of their homes, the realisation might cement their prides and fears— Or only to find out, that what they thought was never the case to begin with.

As the universe doesn't abide by any concepts, any ideals or morals. Those who think that it's bounded by their made up logic?

Are fools...

______________________________________

......

........

..........

............

...............

...........

.......

"The planet we are soon arriving." Spoke a gravelly voice, it sounded male, but not normal, too barbaric and animalistic. Setting upon a throne of sorts, black in jagged designs yet prestige and commanding, the shadows of the light obscuring his foreboding large armored figure, masked in darkness with only the neon lights in his blackened suit gleaming like orange spots.

He sat and observed, at the center of a circular room he layed comfortably higher, as smaller creatures in similar dark armors sitting and monitoring conduits too advance to possibly understand on an earthly language in all their nics-and-knacks. But can be visual describe as orange touchable holograms in the vague shape of monitors.

With those orange lights which can only be assumed as his "eyes". He turned at the walls. Glass, for observing and protecting from the elements of the outside, which were the unmistakable endless dark yet colourful tapestry of space, the stars were moving, like room he and they were in were moving from light year to light year.

Pushing his arms up from the arms of the throne, he stood straight and mighty above the rest, steps Cling-and-clang, as hefty thuds sounded at the metal floor as walks forwards

He came towards the glass wall, his frame looming almost the size of it, the instinct would be to expect more endless and beautiful space, but below his vision, he saw a planet, a world.