The reunion

You have been friends with Garreth Weasley since Hogwarts. Although you two had matured and were respectively a potion professor and a healer, you did not have the opportunity to see each other before this day.

Indeed you were appointed as a nurse at Hogwarts, which was currently lacking personnel. It was your first day, and you quickly understood the urgency of the situation since students were quite reckless during quidditch.

When the sun started to set the next nurse took turns. It had been an exhausting day and you really needed to rest. A trip to Hogsmeade would do the trick. You packed your things and went on your way.

As you got outside you heard a familiar voice calling your name. You immediately turned around to a tall man with light green eyes, a freckled face and ginger curls you would recognize anywhere.

- "Garreth!" You threw yourself in his arms "It has been so long!"

- "I missed you so much!" He squeezed you too.

- "How have you been? And your aunt? I heard you are a professor now! Oh! I have so many questions!" you babbled.

- "Slow down!" Weasley laughed "I was going to Hogsmeade. Would you care to join me?"

- "Of course I would care!" you clapped your hands "I was on my way too."

Both of you went to the village, remembering the good old days as you watched this landscape you missed so much.

When you reached the town it was night already, the Three Broomsticks was the last store open, so you directly went in and took a seat on an isolated table in the back.

- "It has been so long…" you said while putting down your belongings.

- "For you!" Weasley giggled "I come here quite often."

- "Lucky! I wish I could do the same." You nudged him.

- "Well now you can!" He nudged you back.

You laughed out loud. You really missed the now grown up man, you too were best friends during your school years, and you did not manage to really bond with anyone else at work.

The butterbeers came and went, and you were feeling tipsy.

- "Your cheeks are turning red, Weasley." You smiled.

- "You are the one to talk!" He smirked.

- "I am just flustered because you are cute." You put your head on your arm to prevent it from falling.

Weasley blushed, but this time it was not because of the alcohol.

- "You should not say things like that…" He turned his head to hide his embarrassment.

- "And why not?" You send a low gaze at him "Is your girlfriend the jealous kind?"

- "I do not have a girlfriend." Garreth scanned you.

- "Oh! Good…" you mumbled.

Everything was starting to feel hot, but you did not know if it was due to the beers or Weasley's answer.

Your ethanol level was maybe too high as you stood and leaned over the table, your hands on it to support your weight.

- "Garreth?" You whispered.

He raised his hand and did not have time to react before you grabbed his jaw and pressed your lips against his. The man froze at the sudden contact and once he realized, you had already retrieved your lips. Your head was now resting on the table.

- "I guess this is our cue to go…" he breathed out.

Weasley paid the account and helped you walk back to Hogwarts. But when you reached your room you would not let him go.