REVELATIONS

"I'm done for! Father will kill me!" Rameses moaned as we raced to the banquet after getting ready quickly. Behind us, a servant was fussing over Moses' wig.

"Don't worry. Nobody will even notice us coming in," Moses said in his usual carefree way, pushing the servant away--

Cheers erupted as we entered the dining hall, and the Pharaoh and Queen Tuya were there to greet us.

"You were saying?" I said nervously to Moses.

"'Nobody would even notice'?" Rameses grumbled.

Moses laughed nervously.

I was about to say something else on the matter when--

"Ah, the young Princes and the shah!" Queen Tuya greeted.

"Your Grace." I greeted with a bow.

"Rameses, you've just been named 'Prince Regent'. You are now responsible for overseeing all the Temples. I suggest you get over there and thank your father." The Queen said.

Rameses' eyes widened and he looked honored and happy. He did as his mother said.

"What'd I tell you? You've got this!" I cheered.

"Apparently Moses, someone thought he 'just needed the opportunity'." The Queen reminded.

I waited with the Queen.

"My Lord Pharaoh! I propose that the high priests offer tribute to their new regent!" Moses went to his father and came with a proposal.

"An excellent idea! Hotep! Huy!" the wise Pharaoh agreed and called the priests.

I saw them talking amongst themselves and I was getting myself seated for this.

"By the power of Ra, we present for your delegation and delight, an exotic apparition stolen from a faraway land." Hotep said to the Princes, the audience, and me.

There was smoke, sparks, and all of a sudden, a camel appeared, and on top of the camel, was a young lady who looked around in shock and disbelief. I got the sense that she was a fiery one.

This young lady looked beautiful with a slim yet athletic figure, chocolate brown skin, dark hair in a ponytail, and brown eyes. She wore a sleeveless two piece teal green dress baring her midriff, and with slits on both sides of her skirt. I could see that Moses and Rameses both were gaping and blushing.

I wasn't blushing. I knew from a very young age that I was gay and was in a relationship with a boy five years older than me.

"We offer you this delicate desert flower." Hotep said.

The camel grunted. The girl shrieked. Hotep had pulled the girl off the camel, which made the crowd chuckle.

But I wasn't chuckling. I could see the blazing anger and humiliation in the girl's eyes.

"Let us inspect this desert flower." Rameses cupped the girl's chin, and she, in response bit at Rameses' hand.

The crowd gasped. I smirked inwardly.

"More like a desert cobra." Rameses flinched back, obviously intimidated.

"Not much of a snake charmer, are you?" Moses asked the girl while laughing.

"That's why I give her to you." Rameses offered, pushing Moses forward.

"No-no-no, that's generous, but--" Moses protested.

"I won't be given to anyone, especially an arrogant, pampered palace brat!" The girl snarled, making them both flinch.

"Oof." I chuckled softly. "She's right, though."