Chapter 5

-stan-

I wake up the next morning, at 7 am. finally on time, I never wake up on time. I get a text from kyle.

"yo, do you want me to drive you to school"

I smile

"yeah sure"

I run downstairs and get a piece of toast. mom's cooking herself some toast, and dads asleep on the couch.

"Are you ready to go Stanley?" mom asked, about to pick up her keys.
"Actually mom, kyle's driving me today," I say. mom nods, smiling
I eat my breakfast in silence, when I hear rustling behind me.

it's my dad, he's trying to get up, but he's stuck on his back.

"ugh... I'm so fuckin' hungover..." he mutters, looking at the ceiling. "stan, can you tend to the weed today for your dear ol' dad?"

"randy." mom says sternly, but dad doesn't seem to care.

"Stanley. go out there and help out your father." dad says strictly, walking up to me.
"cant. kyles about to pick me up."

me and dad yell at each other for a bit, mom trying to get him off my back, but failing. I run up to my room as things get more heated and I lock the door.

I change into my clothes for today. a white, loose-fitting turtleneck, with a nirvana shirt over top of it. I stuff the crap I need in my bag and open my window. my dad is banging on my door right now. I jump out onto the roof, and I see Kyle's car parked in front of the farm. I carefully jump off the roof and sprint to the car.

I tried forgetting what happened last night. it was probably just a spur-of-the-moment thing, or just me doing through withdrawal, but as I go to open the car door, I see kyle through the window. his elbows are on the wheel, and his hands are in his hair. he's wearing a cream t-shirt, with a brown, oversized, teddy-lined jacket, paired with green cargo pants.

I get into the car, suddenly remembering my dad was about to beat my ass.

"hit the gas," I say bluntly.

"huh? why-" I see my dad open the front door.

"MY DADS GONNA FUCKING BEAT ME, DUDE, HIT THE FUCKING GAS," I scream as kyles eyes widen and he floors the gas pedal, speeding through the fields and running over some of the weed.

"NO! MY WEED! NOOOOOO!" I hear my dad cry out as we speed out of the farmlands.

--------

"you wanna tell me why the fuck I had to run over half of your dad's crops?" kyle says sternly as pull into the parking lot.

"Long story dude"

"We have plenty of fucking time," he says, crossing his arms.

"he was being a dick and I jumped out of my window," I say getting out of the car.

"WHA!?! WHAT THE FUCK STAN?"

---------

-kyle-

what. the. fuck. I know stans homelife isn't particularly fucking healthy, but his dad really must be a nut case to make stan jump out his fucking window.