Chapter 1: Ranger HQ

I stepped off the helicopter and saw the huge building in front of me. N told me a month ago to try to deepen the bond between me and my Pokémon. I walked through the door into Ranger Union and saw a man who I recognized as Professor Hastings.

"Excuse me," I called, "Are you Professor Hastings?"

"Yes," the man replied, "I hear you want to be a Pokémon Ranger?"

"Yes."

"You're just in time for our Recruitment Month. I'll ask Ben to guide you to the camp on Staraptor."

"No need," I said, "I have my Hydreigon."

Outside, I let Hydra out of his Poké Ball. He bent down to let me get on as a boy my age flew down on a Staraptor. He wore the blue Ranger uniform with red goggles and a yellow scarf.

"Name's Ben," he said, "I see you don't need a Staraptor. Follow me." We flew for a while until I saw the Ranger School.

"So, Ben," I began. "What will I learn here in Alima?"

"You'll learn the basics of being a Ranger. You'll choose a Partner Pokémon, bond with it, and choose the Styler you'll use during your missions and recruit games. And at the end of the three-month course, you'll be initiated as an official Pokémon Ranger. We're here now. Rand will be waiting for you. He'll show you the ropes and your cabin, then you'll learn the rest from other experienced Rangers." We landed, and I returned Hydra to his Poké Ball. Rand, a veteran Ranger, was standing in the main circle of a field of fresh green grass. I saw four other trainees landing as well. A brunette girl with blue eyes walked up to me.

"Who are you? I've never seen you around here before." She tilted her head. A boy with electric blue hair and brown eyes stared at me.

"Who's this guy? A new recruit? He seems more like a Trainer."

"Travis, seriously. He's the new guy, but that doesn't mean you need to act so cold." A blonde girl also with blue eyes came up to the boy and put her hand on his shoulder.

"All right, Tessa," Travis replied before turning to me. "Sorry about that. I'm Travis. Tessa over here is my friend. And you are?"

"I'm Touya. Good to meet you." The brunette's face lit up like a lantern.

"No. Way. You're Touya? THE Touya?! Brother of the Unova Region's new champion, known all around as one of the Heroes who summoned the legendary dragon Pokémon Reshiram and Zekrom?!"

"Um, that's my sister, act--"

"Whatever!" The brunette shook my hand hard as she finished. "I'm Cassie. Nice to meet you."

"Same here," I replied.
---------------------------------------------
I walked into the cabin with the black flag after the rules were told to us. We were split into teams of five. I was on the black team. I collapsed on the couch, Sam and Hydra in the field.

"You're here too?" I heard a voice ask. I saw Cassie, Travis, and Tessa looking at me.

"Yeah. And you know? With my knowledge of Pokémon and your knowledge of the course, I think we can win the games."

"Yeah!" Cassie cheered. Travis leaned on a wall and nodded. Tessa nodded as well. Then, I noticed the fifth member reading a book. He had long black hair with red tips, blue eyes, and a scar across his right eye.

"Who's he?" I asked.

"No idea," Travis replied. "All I know is that he doesn't talk much."
--------------------------------------------------------
Forgive me, but,

Now that Touya has started his training as a Pokémon Ranger, no one knows what will happen next! At least not yet. So stay tuned!

Please forgive me for that cliché ending to a short chapter! Guillermo out!