3 Days

Namjoon pushed his hands deeper into his pocket as he admired the streets he was walking on, in a desperate attempt to not think about a certain person. The street was deserted, except from a few people and the occasional car that came past, until he heard a shout.

"I said leave me alone! I've already told you twice!"

Namjoon paused in his steps. The sound seemed to be coming from in-between two buildings. He debated whether he should turn around or see if he could help the person who was been harassed. But before he could decide, he heard a grunt in pain and a slap. He ran to the building to see three men, one of their knees with their arms wrapped around their stomach, and another punching a third guy with a long beard. The punching guy then gave a hard kick to the bearded man knocking him straight into a bin. The other man attempted to get up but slipped on the wet ground hitting their head against the wall behind him.

Namjoon stared in horror at the scene, before his face became alarmed when the punching guy turned to him.

"I didn't see anything," Namjoon said in fear as he looked at his feet.

"Namgil?" the man asked. "It's me Seokjin."

"My goodness! Are you some ninja or something?" Namjoon asked still shocked.

"Errrrr, no, but I know self-defense," Seokjin replied, pulling his jacket around himself as rain began to fall again.

Namjoon immediately took off his bucket hat placing it on the other's head and pulled his jacket hood over his own head.

"Wouldn't want you catching a cold," Namjoon said trying to explain himself after Seokjin gave him a strange look.

"I have a good immune system," Seokjin replied which was immediately followed by a shiver that ran through his body.

"Oh really?" Namjoon replied raising an eyebrow. "Here, I've got a scarf in my bag."

Seokjin accepted the scarf and wrapped it tightly around his neck. "What are you doing out this late anyway?" he asked.

"Well, I'm a tourist, aren't I?" Namjoon asked laughing softly after seeing that Seokjin had rolled his eyes. "I wanted to see the nightlife. How about yourself?"

"I went to see a friend and I was just on my way back home," Seokjin said.

"Oh, I'll walk you there then, I'm heading in this direction too," Namjoon suggested as a big smile graced his face.

"Okay sure," Seokjin said. "I mean, if it's not too late, you can come in for a bit, if you're not busy?" Seokjin asked looking down at the pavement. "I mean, if you're busy, you don't have to come, I'm just asking. There isn't much to do at my place, but we can just-"

"Jin-ah, it's fine, I'll come to your place," Namjoon said placing his arm on the other's shoulder. "Is it near? It's starting to rain harder."

"Yeah, we are near the car park."

After a few more minutes, the two had made it to the block of flats Seokjin lived in. Namjoon thought the place truly reflected Seokjin. The living room was very clean and simple, with three bookshelves, a bonsai in one window and a lamp in one corner. The colour scheme was burgundy, cream and grey making the room very bright and open (much like the book café Seokjin worked at). The walls were cream with a burgundy trim and a matching cream corner sofa, with a cream coffee table in the centre of the room. Contrasting the bonsai tree, was the grey curtains with white sheer curtains behind it.

The whole place just reflected the person Namjoon had come to know but he knew it couldn't last long

The whole place just reflected the person Namjoon had come to know but he knew it couldn't last long. There was only three days left before he had to leave all this behind. There was no way that they could be together. No way at all.

"Make yourself at home, I'll turn the heating up a bit so we can warm up," Seokjin said.

"I love your apartment. It's so neat and simple," Namjoon complimented as he took his shoes off then pulled his soaked coat off.

"Thank you," Seokjin shyly replied. "My parents and best friends helped me decorate it."

The two talked and talked until it was very late when Namjoon finally realised the time thinking he should probably return to his hotel.

"You can stay here tonight if you like?" Seokjin suggested. "You can take my bed."

"But you only had one bedroom and I don't want you to sleep on the sofa, so maybe another time?" Namjoon suggested though he wouldn't have minded sharing the bed.

Luckily, the rain had stopped, and it wasn't far to his hotel room. When he arrived in his room, he lay on his bed and pulled out his notebook again. Since coming here, he has had so much inspiration that he had almost got enough lyrics to make a whole album.

When tomorrow comes
How different is it going to be?
Why do love and hate sound just the same to me?

I can't sleep
Homesick
But I just wanna
Stop right next to you

Both boys fell asleep dreaming good dreams not knowing if they could ever proclaim their love for each other.