Stop Feeling Sorry For Yourself.

Rex frowned, sinking into his mattress. He hadn't felt this embarrassed since the first time he and his mom went to go see the Sakura Bay Samurais play baseball. He couldn't believe that crying in front of a hot guy was worse than peeing his pants when he was nine. 

          He sighed, screaming into his pillow and staring up at the white ceiling. How did so much go wrong in such a short period of time? He sat up, opened the box of BBQ wings, and ate one. His entire face lit up, awe filling his eyes as goosebumps covered his arms. These were the best wings Rex had ever had, and he needed more. Without thinking he was grabbing his coat, and once more adventured out to the Wingeria. 

       He opened the door to the restaurant and headed inside, walking up to the counter once more. Chuck was having a conversation with another employee but smiled once he saw Rex coming in. 

     "Welcome back, didn't expect you so soon." He grinned, adjusting his sunglasses. Rex smiled nervously, digging into his pocket and grabbing his beige wallet. 

     "Could I get 12 Buffalo wings please?" Rex asked politely, his eyes locked on Chuck. Chuck nodded, entering it into the register. 

    "Ranch?" He asked, receiving a nod in response. "Alright, that should be out soon, don't cry this time dude." He smiled, before heading into the kitchen. Rex stared at the door silently, longing for the moment he'd come back with the delicious wings. What felt like hours passed before he opened the door smiling, handing him the tray of buffalo wings. Electricity traveled through the tray, sending Rex a burst of energy. 

  "Chuck was it?" He asked, his normally introverted nature seemingly vanishing, "Could I get your number?"