Let me love you...forever

You blinked awake, annoyed by a sliver of light seeping through the blinds you were sure you'd closed tightly the night before, was it too early? or worse too late?

What time could it possibly be you wondered, still groggy with sleep, as you spun around to take a quick glance at the clock placed on the nightstand but as you slowly moved, a warm and heavy weight on your chest stopped you in your tracks, making you frown and quickly turn your attention toward the source of that warmth, only to find your bestfriend... well, now probably boyfriend...sleeping soundly next to you.

And the longer you stared at him, the more your cheeks flushed as you recalled all that had happened the night before, something you had only been able to imagine in your wildest fantasies when you found yourself alone after each mission.

It was solely due to a twist of fate, some sort of joke almost that you became aware that the way you felt was indeed mutual, which left you quite taken aback, as there had been no sign whatsoever from the other side.

Of course, both of you were close, as he would talk to you more freely than to anyone else, but when it came to love or any kind of feelings he had never mentioned a thing, staying quite reserved on the subject.

You rolled over and quietly shifted a little closer, laying your head back on the pillow while being careful not to wake him up and keeping his arm tightly around your waist still.

You couldn't stop watching him, it was nearly mesmerizing, every little detail of his face was something resembling a work of art and you would have happily spent all day doing nothing but this.

Like his breath, calm and steady now but gasping and hurried just a few hours earlier, or his relaxed face, in complete contradiction to the way he looked beneath you, or those gorgeous lips now slightly parted that had hungrily kissed every inch of your body during the night as he confessed his love to you when all this had first started.

"You're staring... maus.." he suddenly said, voice still thick with sleep, startling you quite a bit as he slowly opened his eyes only to meet your gaze.

"I..." you attempted to say, as your cheeks flushed all at once and you tried to bury your face under the covers "I was just..."

But as words were struggling to come out, you felt his grip around you tightening while he pulled you closer, then he spoke again a few seconds after.

"You can stare at me all you want, lieben... I like it" he said softly, placing a soft kiss on the top of your head "I like your eyes...on me, love?"

You were sure your face was burning as soon as you raised your head once again to meet his soft eyes and his gorgeous smile.

"There you are...you look even prettier in the morning," he stated as his other hand went up to cup your cheek.

"Oh, shut up...," you joked, trying to shake off the awkwardness "it's not... the first time that you've seen me first thing in the morning."

"That's true..." he quietly chuckled over your reply, "but it's the first time I... woke up next to you."

"Oh..." you blinked, realizing he was right and your breath hitched in your throat as your hands went to rest on his bare chest.

This all seemed like a fever dream, at least to you, with your best friend confessing and you having the best sex in years, you would have found it hard to believe any of this was true If he hadn't been right in front of you.

"You ok...?" he then asked confused, frowning slightly, seeing you go silent all of a sudden.

"Did I say something..wrong?" he continued.

"Huh? no...I mean..." you said at last, smiling a little as your voice was slightly tight still

"I'm fine...I was just..." you then admitted "thinking about...well...about last night."

"Oh, I see..." he teased. his smile widened as he kept his eyes on you and you felt his hand on your back slowly caressing and tracing circles on your skin, sending shivers down your spine.

"And ... what else was on your mind?" he asked eagerly enough, trying to sound more confident than he actually was, placing a finger under your chin to draw your lips closer to his.

"How... beautiful you are..." you stated quietly, somewhat reverently, as one of your hands moved from his chest to the nape of his neck, stroking his hair there."It's a shame...you always have to hide yourself under the hood..."

It was now his time to start blushing, as soon as he registered your words his cheeks heated up and his eyes went wide for a second.

For many his face was ugly, sometimes scary, a fact that clashed with his persona but with you had been different from the first time.

The first time he dared to show himself after you repeatedly insisted, he was beyond terrified. For someone like him who could easily win a battle by himself if he wanted to, he was far more frightened that day than against a tank, but he soon relaxed after seeing you smile at him even without his hood on.

And that was also the first time he knew he was crazy about you.

"You know..." chuckling softly under his breath... " nobody has ever told me... such things..." then meeting your worried gaze once again... " so I'm..definitely not so used to that"...he added, smiling even more as his face and cheeks flushed brighter.

You smiled back, then took his hand in yours and brought it to your lips to gently kiss it. First his knuckles, then his fingers and palm, paying close attention to his every reaction.

"'Then... I'm glad to be your first' you stated, smiling right afterwards and finally closing the gap between the both of you, kissing him slowly.

Fraternization wasn't allowed per se, but rules were significantly different under the context where you both worked, so it wasn't really an issue.

However, you didn't know how this would play out from now on if this whole situation was just a spur of the moment or something much deeper.

Sure, letting yourself go and living it one day at a time would have been the easiest thing to do, but every time you acted this way, things hadn't worked out too well and if you had to be honest, you really wanted things to actually go right out this time.

But if his kisses or the way he was acting were of any indication, you had nothing to worry about.

"So, wanna do anything specific...today?" he said as soon as he parted from your kiss, smiling softly at you while his hand gently caressed your cheek "If...you're not already bored of me, that is" he added, flushing slightly.

"I could never," was the sole reply you managed to give him before eagerly kissing him all over again, taking him aback for a second.

You were gone, lost completely, and this was a further confirmation of that.

Maybe he was too much even for you, but how could you deny him anything when he was touching you like you were the most valuable possession he had ever had? Or looking at you as if you were equal to a goddess?

You had no idea how such a force of nature, a literal giant, was truly so sweet.

All you knew was that he was yours and you couldn't have asked for anything better.