Chapter 11

Karina raises her hand to call the waiter over and orders dessert.

"You're not full yet?" Asks Ningning in surprise. They have just finished a huge meal and she thought that they were gonna ask for the bill.

"We're sharing this," Karina states.

Ningning chuckles. "Your bossiness rivals Win's. No wonder you two get along well," she remarks.

Karina can't help but snort. "Get along? I haven't talked to her in days, weeks!"

"Don't exaggerate, Rina. You guys still text and talk. You just haven't had a chance to hang out much."

The brunette sighs and twists the straw in her drink absentmindedly.

"Can I ask you something?" Ningning asks. "It's personal though."

"Ask away. You already know practically everything about me anyway."

"Have you ever thought about actually dating Winter?"

Karina is taken aback and is unable to respond immediately. Thankfully, the waiter arrives with her order, giving her more time to think about her answer.

"I would be lying if I say that I've never tried to imagine dating Winter," she carefully admits.

"But?"

"But I don't know whether I can. I mean, I 'm fine with the normal girlfriend things like touching, holding hands, hugging... but kissing?" She lowers her voice and leans forward. "Or sex? I honestly can't imagine that."

"You've never kissed a girl?"

"No. Have you?"

Ningning shakes her head. "But that's only because I've never found a girl I'm attracted to. I'm willing to give it a try if there's a suitable candidate. I heard it's better than kissing a boy."

"I'm intrigued, I admit, but I don't know. I don't want to experiment. I don't want to hurt her." Karina picks up her spoon and starts digging into the chocolate cake. "Well, she's seeing someone anyway so next topic please."

"She's seeing someone?" Asks Ningning in surprise. "Who?"

Karina shrugs. "The girl who left her perfume and lipstick smear on her clothes."

"Ah." Ningning grins. "She's been with someone regularly yes, but she's not dating her."

"Oh?" That surprisingly makes Karina feel slightly relieved. "Then who's she with?"

Ningning lowers her voice then says, "What I'm about to tell you must remain a secret, understand? I know you care about my best friend and that you won't hurt her. That's why I'm willing to share this little piece of information with you. However, the disclaimer is necessary. So do you agree?"

"Your secret is safe with me," Karina says, raising her hand. "I swear."

So Ningning starts telling Karina about Kim Minju and how she and Winter hooked up for years before she was thrown in prison.

"Why would Winter hang out with a criminal?" hisses Karina, trying her best to keep her voice as low as possible. "I thought she disliked those types of people. Her parents and family, for example."

"Chemistry," Ningning simply states. "Winter and Minju always had this attraction, this sexual tension between them. But Win knows that the girl is bad news so she always has her guard up and keeps her distance. It's just sex."

"You said it like it meant nothing."

"Exactly. It means nothing. Winter just wanted an escape, a distraction. She will never feel anything real for that evil woman. I'm willing to bet everything I have on that," Ningning says. "So don't worry, Rina. She'll be fine. You're more her type."