第1章

Authors note: that took longer than I thought. really sorry it took long but I hope all of it is worth it.

Edit 7/24/23 : I just reread the chapter I saw a lot of errors I'll just come back for it later meanwhile I'm working on chapter 2

Edit:7/25/23 : changing few of my mistakes

Take note this all began before tanjiro's father died

Y/n Pov;

If it wasn't for that man my sister wouldn't have been a demon nor my brother would think differently of me as a demon slayer, but his words did a make huge impact on me and I hope he didn't mean what he said. This all began before I became a Ice hashira, It was just a normal day like no other.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"Y/n!" I heard my mother yelled my name, just as I was about to ascend down the hill to sell coal. She wiped a few dirt on my face "are you sure your going to be alright by yourself y/n? Tanjiro could always accompany you" she frowned "I'll be fine mom, I'll be back be soon." I exited and spotted my two younger siblings playing tag, together all 6 of them saw me and ran up to me.

"Onee-chan!!!" I chuckled as they all latch onto me like koalas.

"I'm leaving you guys! Don't play rough and help mom with dad ok" Worried for my dad he hasn't been well ever since i was 9. as put down Shigeru down and they all left playing tag, before standing up to my feet, someone grab onto my kimono and saw Tanjiro "can I come with you" he gave me those puppy eyes "when your 13 years old ok" ruffling tuff of his red hair.

"but what if those guys bothers you again, like last time... who will protect you?" I was touched he really is protective of me, I crouched down to his level and gently held both his cheeks, kissed his forehead.

"I'll be fine Tanjiro, can you do me a favor Tanjiro?" He nodded hesitantly, I can tell he doesn't want me to go alone last time a old guy tried to do something to me lucky Tanjiro was there to save me "o-ok" I smiled, "I'm putting you in charge ok, while I sell some coal down the town, can you do that for me?" He nodded "good, want a hug before I go out?" He hesitantly let me go but said 'be safe Aneki (in Japan it means "older sister")' he waved I did the same as I descend on the mountain.

As I made it into town, everyone noticed me immediately. my father always said I was the pretty one in town I get nervous when there were so many eyes looking at me all at the same time, I began asking the towns folk if they needed to restock their supply of coal, I was currently selling a old lady with a snow flake hoari until i heard the same guy who has been trying to court me even though i said 'no' he wouldn't take 'no' for an answer.

"Hey look! it's kamado-san" Leiko said as his friends followed along with him, the old lady looked at me concerned about my well-being "I don't mean to be nosy... do you perhaps know those boys?" The old lady asked "y-yeah they're just teasing me" she just smiled and start heading out of town and she stopped dead in her tracks and looked at me "oh before you go, don't go out for too long night time is not a safe for a little girl like you" but this time her expression is serious as she went further somewhere in the mountains.

It was strange for me because usually most old ladies i met was sweet and sometimes tired to convince me to get to know they're grandsons, i let it slide. decided and went around for a few more times, going further into town but luckly managed to sell all of the coal for the day, I safely tuck away the money for my parents and for my dad's medication.

Just as I was about to walk home I noticed from the corner Leiko and his friends are following me, speeding up my pace walked in a different direction just to make sure if they're following me, my heart dropped to my stomach 'his following me' I speed walked that turned into sprinting I stopped for a moment and realized that was in a different town, the sun is turning into a purple and orange hue. "Hey get back here!!" I continued to run and bumped into something or someone.

"O-ow I-I'm sorry I didn-" "No, it's ok are you ok?" He held his hand out to me he has a black hair, dark blue eyes like the deep ocean, he look about a year older than me.

"t-thank you" I blushed and took his hand, and lift me up from the ground.
" haven't seen you around before? Are you new?" He asked "i-" "I FOUND HER" I heard one of Leiko's friends, I hide behind the poor teen. "Do you know these guys?" I nodded "they've been following me" he nodded understanding the situation and face the guys in a serious/threatening look.

"Back off B***! I found that beautiful specimen first" the guy glared at Leiko he was disgusted what he said like how can he say that to a girl, women are not play things they have feelings too. I was so shocked that he just find me as a play thing to him. "Just cover your face maybe thats why she said 'no' " he grabbed my arm and walked passed them, I looked back where Leiko and his friend is Leiko had a look of shock.

"u-umm... thank you, for helping me back there" he nodded, as a clear sign his listening "I know we just met but where do you live?" I debated wether or not to tell him where my home is, after all Mom said to be carefull when it comes to strangers we don't know what they're intentions are...

"am i making you unconfortable? I'm sorry" he looked down feeling ashamed? "no.no. it's ok, it's just i can't tell where I live because you know how parents are right?" "I understand my older sister always warns me before going town. my name is Giyu Tomioka what's your name?" He seems a nice guy but... I can't be to sure at the same time i feel no bad intentions, not like Leiko so "my name is Y/n Kamado"

I began to see the town "you can drop me off at the enrtance" began to speed walk and enter the town unil I stopped looking back Giyu starts walking back " T-Tomioka-san! wait!" He stop on his tracks and looked at my direction "Thank you!" he smiled and nodded.

"I hope we see each other again!" I waved and entered the town. ran as fast as could back to my home, i can see my mother and father waiting for me and i can see the worried face my mother has.
the moment i got there my mom scolded me for coming home late. and the only thought i had was the boy.

bonus:

"Y/n aneki i can smell a Boy from you who is it? i can tell its not Leiko-san" I choked on my food and Blushed hard, on what my younger brother said, but then Mum started smiling and bombarded me with question after questions "Boy? what boy. When? and Where did you met him?"

"MOM! I only met him when i was being chased by Leiko to another town-"

"HE WHAT!!! I'M COMING WITH YOU NEXT TIME ANEKI" tanjiro getting protective of me. Meanwhile all the chaos I looked at my sick father who is right beside me, he just smiled and said "just follow what your heart says. and if he is the right one for you. ok" He pat my head easing my nerves and embarrasment.

word count: 1268