wendy testaburger - guess who

wendy testaburger x masc?fem!reader

hi! i want to start off by saying i am not back, at least fully. i still have this app downloaded and occasionally check the notifs.. so i want to say thank you to those still interacting!

i'll probably be posting small chapters out of boredom occasionally.
thanks for reading!

contains: female reader, reader is taller, lowercase writing (im too lazy to capitalize :P), f slur (censored), not proofread, unexpected kiss(?), cut short tbh

2,600 words
———

"we sure got lucky, huh?" you murmured as you rubbed your frosted hands above the freshly lit firewood.

had you known this camping trip would end with you stuck with wendy in a shack, in the middle of the woods, alone, you wouldn't have made the effort to leave your house today.

not that there was anything wrong with wendy. or being alone with her, for that matter.

catching her breath with her back still pressed against the front door, wendy nodded.
     "for sure.. damn, stan's probably still out there.."

that was the problem. the problem was that she was still dating stan. and here you are, heart racing and all.
but that's obviously just adrenaline, right? you had just hardly escaped one hell of a thunderstorm with your hands full with wet sticks. so much for "finding firewood for s'mores."

now everyone's tents and personal belongings are probably all gone to shit now—including yours.

grumbling to yourself, your brows couldn't help but scrunch up in irritation. everything that could've went wrong today.. went wrong.

except for finding an abandoned shack, in which laid a stack of dry wood under a dusty fireplace. had you and wendy stayed out there for ten more minutes, it would have been the end for the both of you.
hearing boots click against the creaky floor towards you, you turn your head as an effort to acknowledge wendy's presence to makeup for the lack of response.
     sorry.. you just did not give much of a shit about stan at the moment.

looking up at the somewhat lax expression on the dark-haired girl's face, your lips stayed shut as she unbuttoned her coat, your heart stupidly leaping at the action.
"thanks for lighting the fire. i had no idea you were such a survivalist." wendy carried on with small talk with a teasing tone. you exhaled softly as an attempt at a laugh, before quietly hissing from how hot your hands had gotten from the proximity of the bright flames.
"it's nothing. you should warm up."
glancing back at the fire, you rub your dry hands once more before pushing yourself up from the ground. "we'll make tracks the second the storm clears up. i think i remember the way back."

"hm, what would i have done without you,
(y/n)?" wendy grinned.
feeling your insides jump, you masked your exuberance with a nod and a claw-through your hair.

as wendy dropped her jacket on the dull couch that stood just a few feet away from the fireplace, your wet boots imprinted the wooden floor as you stepped back and started making your way over to a room on the side, hopeful to look around for any other supplies you might need.
you hoped to slip out of wendy's view as well, a result of feeling awkward from the outdoors conversation you both had just before rain started pouring. even with the amount of time passed, you felt anxious being near the girl. to your demise, the girl you were running from had other ideas, and your eyes widened at the sudden grab of your shoulder.

with understandable confusion, you turned your head and examined wendy's weirdly sunny expression.
"woah, you're not keeping your coat on now, are you?" she side grinned. furrowing your brows, you realized how tense your body was the moment you relaxed, and your head turned away as a result.