2. A Reach for the Moon

Three months later

His moods have been solemn and flat as he endured the distractions he provided to himself within the last few months to keep his feet away. Today, for the first time since letting his bride go off to find her peaceful nights, Jungkook finds his chest pounding in a different beat. A faster rhythm than the usual - while forcing his patience to sit still as he waits again.

What the hell is taking so long??

The brief knock on the door prompted him to turn around and lo and behold, a pair of long, silky legs stepped in. He held his stare longer than his breath as clear hazel, round eyes meets him shyly. Fuck me, she's even more beautiful up close! Like...like a porcelain doll!

Her flawless, small face is accompanied by pale pink blushes and her pretty, full lips are unpainted - slightly trembling and parting as if she is about to say something but decided not to. Her eyes then drifted off around the spacious room, scanning the unfamiliar dimmed surrounding - from the classy-furnished, equipped bar to the extravagant cathedral ceiling, then the floor-to-top tinted window before her eyes land on the golden-plated platform.

She helps herself to step on it and her hesitant eyes are back on him. Jungkook cocked an eyebrow, wondering whether his planned words of appreciation should even be the first now. She hasn't run yet...that means she doesn't recognise me. Good. Let's keep it that way, shall we? I'm sure they've briefed her on what to do in this room...she's probably nervous since it's her first time.

"Are you waiting for something?" He asks.

"I um..." She began fidgeting. Cute! "I'm sorry. I'm just wondering why there's no music." Honest and blunt...I like it!

"Because I haven't put it on." Obviously. Why? Because I need time to digest this...to digest you.

He can't help but scan her entirety once more. Shiny, black mane falls down forehead and the rest of the long ones, close to her waist. The girl is wearing a denim corset top and a matching short pants - tight enough to give him a hint of what her curves would look like without it. Jungkook couldn't find any flaws on her except for the ankle boots she's in. It looks cheap and distasteful - and uncomfortable, she should be wearing only the best, comfortable shoes! He cleared his throat to snap himself off the bare-foot subject from three months ago.

"This is a special room. I get to play whatever I want. When I want."

"Oh..." Her plump lips pouted. Hot damn - seriously, fuck me! The pictures didn't do her this much justice!  "I'll wait for when you're ready then..." She smiled apologetically and he felt the unfamiliar guilt. Of course she feels awkward now, her only job was to dance!

But come on, after so long...I deserve a little fun, don't I? "What's your name?"

Her eyes widened. "I um...I shouldn't -"

"I'll call you 'doll' then."

"'Doll'?"

"You don't like it?"

"No, it's not that -" She sighed a smile. So soft-mannered...just as I've heard! "'Doll' is fine."

"I won't call you that if you don't like it."

"No, 'doll' is great! You can call me that...or whatever you like..."

Oh, she's so sweet - damn, I'm in trouble! Slowly, he saunters over to her side of the room. "Tell me, doll...do you have a secret?"

"A...a secret?" Is she always this nervous? Or is it just with me? "I don't have a secret."

"Everyone's got a secret." He smirked. "Something they're so afraid to tell..." He reaches her front and looks up into her eyes. "Something they hate to keep."