Chapter 39

Chapter Thirty-Nine

    After returning home, Chu Yu unpacked the package and was slightly taken aback when he saw the contents inside. She frowned slightly, covered the box and put it on the table. Chu Yu thought about it for a while, but still didn't think it was appropriate, so she dialed Pu Zihao's phone number, and he answered quickly with a low voice, "What's the matter?" "..."

    Chu Yu hesitated, and said softly, " Thank you for your gift."

    "It's okay." Pu Zihao actually felt a little nervous, and he didn't know whether Chu Yu would like it, but he thought it was very suitable.

    "I appreciate your wish, may I return it to you tomorrow?" Chu Yu felt that it was really inappropriate for him to accept this gift.

    "Why?" Pu Zihao was a little surprised.

    Chu Yu said calmly, "It's too precious." "

    ..." Pu Zihao was silent for a while, then said lightly, "If you don't like it, throw it away."

    Just as Chu Yu was about to say a few more words, he heard his calm voice from the other end. The voice said, "I'm going to do my homework, so I'll hang up first."

    It was the first time that Pu Zihao took the initiative to hang up the phone first, and he acted so decisively that Chu Yu didn't even have time to interrupt. Chu Yu put down the phone, glanced at the gift box on the table, and sighed. She put the phone aside and opened the box again, which contained a shiny and bright jade bracelet, which was warm and moist.

    Chu Yu didn't have much research on jadeite, but under the influence of his mother, he could tell the good and the bad. This bracelet is a safety bracelet, and the water is not cheap. Chu Yu really felt that it was extremely inappropriate for her classmates to give such a gift, how could she accept it with peace of mind.     The price of this bracelet should far exceed the total amount of remuneration Chu Yu paid to Pu Zihao. Now she is holding this gift like a hot potato. Chu Yu put the bracelet back into the gift box and took it to Pu Zihao the next day, wanting to return it to him.     Pu Zihao had already guessed what Chu Yu was going to do, and deliberately avoided her for a long time, but was finally blocked. Chu Yu looked around for no one, then took out the gift and handed it to him, "Thank you for your kindness, but it's too expensive, I can't accept it."

    Pu Zihao didn't reach out his hand, but said firmly, "I told you, you can throw it away if you don't like it, and you don't have to return it to me."

    Chu Yu saw him pursing his lips and looking stubborn, and tried to calmly say, "This is really inappropriate. It's too expensive for your family."

    "What does it have to do with my family? I bought it with my own income." Pu Zihao said flatly. This peace bracelet was bought with the proceeds from the novel he is currently holding. He always felt that there should be something left in this book, so he chose this bracelet.

    He hesitated for a while, and asked, "Isn't it good-looking?" He picked it out, and felt that this one was more suitable for Chu Yu, the

    shape would not look too old-fashioned, and the color was more suitable for young women.

    "No, it's very beautiful." Chu Yu said honestly, "But it's still too..."

    "Throw it away if you don't want it." Pu Zihao said decisively, putting his hands behind his back, but refused to take it.

    Chu Yu was quite helpless, "You're embarrassing me like this."

    Pu Zihao said rascally, "That's your business."