five

i woke up and my laptop was still playing. the boys were on their phone and i realised i'm laying on matts shoulder. i raise my head and they all turn to me.

"how long was i out?" i ask with a slight laugh

"about an hour?" matt says in an unsure tone. "not long anyway" he says and i smile.

"we were gonna go mcdonald's, if you want anything?" nick says and i shake my head.

"no it's okay, thank you though. my dad will probably come soon so i'll text you later." i say to them but the last part directed to matt.

"thank you for today." i say as i hold out my arms for a hug, to which he accepts.

"of course. text me whenever." he says and i nod, saying bye to nick and chris.

once they leave, i watch netflix for a bit until my dad comes with my rootbeer.

"hey honey. seems like you had company?" he says as he sits down, i give him a confused look and he laughs, "mary told me that 3 boys have been with you near enough all day."

"yeah, matt and his brothers." i say and close my laptop.

"who?"

"matt. he was the one who bumped into me the other day and we became friends. i met his brothers today and they're really nice. he's a triplet." i say and my dad nods.

"he brought you presents?" he says, nodding towards the reeves wrappers and rootbeer bottle.

"oh yeah." i say with a smile, and dad talks about his day.

matt pov

"and she likes rootbeer! she can't be anymore perfect." i say as we drive ti mcdonald's

"matts in love." nick says in a singy tone and i scoff

"no! i'm not, i just, i don't know. she's sweet, humble, kind, pretty, cool, i don't know, i just like her." i say as we pull into the drive through. we order our food and park to eat.

"i saw the way she looked at you today, she looked at you as if you were the only person there." chris says, scoffing down fries.

"she didn't, did she?" i say and they both nod. i get a notification and it's hazel

hazel
hey, are you busy?

matt
i'm with my brothers at mcdonald's, why what's up?

hazel
i'm getting released in the morning but my dad has work so i was wondering if you could take me home? you don't have to i could ask someone else

matt
no, ofc i'll take you home. what time?

hazel
11 if that good with you?

matt
yeah, see you then.

hazel
thank you pretty boy.

i smile down at my phone and chris notices.

"you're taking her home, how romantic." he says in a girly tone and i laugh

"and she calls you pretty boy." nick says, glancing at my phone and i pull it away.

"let's just go home, shall we?" i say, starting the car as nick throws away the rubbish, and then heading home