Adam

I watch as Ellie walks away, completely frozen in shock as I try to understand what just happened. I just wanted to do something nice for her, hoping that it would make her feel more comfortable with me, but I hadn't expected her to react the way she did. I was surprised when she appeared in my garden, but I was completely astonished when she rushed over and put her hands on either side of my face. For a split second I panicked, worried that the feeling of my skin would repulse her, but as soon as her lips pressed against mine all fear left my body and I simply enjoyed the feeling of her body against mine.

It wasn't my first ever kiss, but it was the first kiss I have had in my adult life, and although unexpected it was perfect; she was perfect.

I think back to the pool house and breakfast, remembering her eyes and blush, and I suddenly realise that she wasn't embarrassed because I had spotted her painting or she thought she was in trouble, but because she was looking at me. Was she attracted to me? Was that even possible?

The notion that a stunning woman like Ellie might find me attractive seems completely insane, but even if there is a remote possibility, I know that I need to take the chance.