Chp 40

A/N just realized the last few chapters have the wrong number, I'll fix them now

Everyone's heads turned to Kate, who's eyes were wide with surprise. Olive looked between her parents and Kate, her eyebrows scrunching together.
"What do you mean 'mom'?" Kitty asked.
"Olive, that's what we wanted to speak to you about. You're not an only child." Her dad informed her, glancing at Kate.

"Kate, Olive is your sister."
"Great, so you guys lied to me for more than twenty years!" Olive growled, her eyes glowing with anger and she glared at her parents.
"Oli, you have to understand-"
"No, I don't have to understand anything. Why wait until now to tell me hm? Why not just tell me when she was born?"
"We thought it would be best if neither of you knew, and since we haven't seen her cat at all we figured she could just stay living life with humans." Olives mom explained, reaching a hand for her shifter daughter.

"Excuse me, cat? What are you guys talking about?" Kate inquired with a frown, her hands balling into fists.
"We shouldn't talk here. It's not safe."
"How about we reconvene in the morning at Kate's place Hm?" I suggested, tired of the back and forth bickering.
"Fine." Olive and Kate grumbled at almost the same time. Their parents left the restaurant to prepare themselves for the onslaught of questions while we were finally given our food to enjoy before the night got too old.

~~~~

It was weird sleeping in my room at my brothers house, but I managed. We all slept in until about noon before we decided to head over to Angel's to hear Olives parents out.
We gathered in the living room, Olive and Kate whispering quietly about something that had Olive looking afraid.

Everyone fell silent as the two people in question walked in, studying our faces.
"Good afternoon everyone. Ready to get started?"
"Yeah." We chorused.
"Alright, well, when we found out I was pregnant with Kate we were worried. Cat shifters rarely mated with humans, and when they did they were basically disowned. Without telling anyone we were with child we moved here and started our life, but then that brought the next question; if it's basically in cat shifters DNA to abandon their children at any point, what will happen to our cub?"

Olives mom leaned against her mate and sighed.
"We decided it would be best to separate, occasionally visit eachother. Kate grew up with me and we had a witch bury her cat, thinking it was smarter than allowing her -a highly probable cat shifter- to live with her human mother. Meanwhile as soon as Olive was born we could tell she would definitely be a cat shifter. We did what we thought was best, I hope you girls understand that."

"How did you 'bury my cat'?" Kate asked with a frown.
"The witch used a simple spell, so long as no one said a word about you being a shifter you would stay human. So I suppose you might shift sometime soon I guess. We didn't really think about that." Her voice grew softer as she spoke and her nervous gaze feel on her mate.
The girls shared a look but neither said a word, letting a blanket of silence cover us.

Kaiden fidgeted and quickly grew bored, the glances he threw at my phone telling me he wanted to ask, but he could tell the conversation we were having was important. I unlocked my device, turned the volume down, and gave it to my four year old son to play with.
"What does that mean for us?" Olive asked quietly, her eyes w carrying so much emotion.
"Nothing, when it comes down to it. You both are still yourselves, though Kate is stronger and faster now. It's as if nothing changed." Their dad spoke hesitantly, knowing saying the wrong thing would send Olive into a flurry of anger.

Maybe Kate's the same...

We never talked much, she was usually out doing something when we came over, but in the few times her and Olive met they quickly became friends. I guess this explains why. Tense silence fell over us again and Kaiden -with his ever so innocent face- grinned and cheered as he won the game, causing everyone's eyes to fall on him as they smiled.
A blush overtook his cheeks as the embarrassment caught up with him and her buried his face in my shirt, mumbling incoherently.

I chuckled softly and rubbed his back.
"If my suspicions are correct -which they usually are- I'm going to guess Kate is going to shift soon, so we should be prepared for that. The three of you should be close by just in case." I suggested softly, looking at the shifter family while they shared looks.
"That's probably a good idea. To the den then?" Olive and her mother nodded in response to Mr. Wood's question and they bid us goodbye as they left, going to the den they used when they wanted to shift as a family.
I'd only been there once, but there was plenty of space for the four of them and it was well hidden so no one would catch them.

*Olive's POV*

After a long walk we finally made it to our den, the solid rock looming in front of us as the moon sparkled above. I glanced at Kate to see her poking at her gums, a sure sign that she's shifting. She looked up and I gave her a reassuring smile before we entered the large cave. We hadn't decorated it other than some moss beds here and there. Tigers here were endangered, white tigers -like us- were practically extinct. We didn't want to draw much attention to ourselves, while still being comfortable.

Mom and dad shifted into their tiger forms and nuzzled each other before going to their shared moss bed and watching us with calculating blue eyes.
"They did this for my first shift too. They can't get involved in a cubs shift, it could ruin the process and leave the cub's tiger clinging to them into adulthood." I explained softly, setting a hand on her shoulder.
"Shifting in itself is easy, just let your instincts take over. That's the hard part. Being human for twenty plus years makes our human side want to cling to that humanity, but in order to shift without pain we need to learn to give in."

Kate quirked an eyebrow.
"That's cryptic."
"I know, this is everything I've learned from personal experience. Go ahead and get on your hands and knees, good. I want you to close your eyes and imagine yourself how you should look as a tiger, like mom and dad. A shiny, white fur coat with thick, black stripes and vibrant blue eyes. Imagine stalking through the forest, sleek and stealthy. Feel your muscles and heightened senses." I smiled as I noticed her growing tense and I stepped back.
"Let the tiger take over. We'll be here."

I shifted and made my way over to my parents, watching my newfound sister twitch and fidget as she fought her instincts. Eventually her muscles relaxed and her head whipped up to us, glowing a gorgeous dark blue before her body reconstructed itself, quickly changing from the human girl I knew to a beautiful white tigress.

A/N sometimes I love the plot twists I come up with lol who was suspecting they were related from the beginning hm?