𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 12

Y/N POV–

I recovered from my "injuries" really fast, it has only been just 3 days after the incident.

Ever since I recovered I've been visiting this place, the one where I waited for days, weeks, months just to see my past lover arrive.

But he never did.

I remember our conversations, and our first meeting was oh, so lovely.

I closed my eyes, my mind wandering to the memories from years ago.

I was sitting in the border of the forest, playing with my spiritual guide.

The days where I felt lonely.

I never was one for friends, I payed more attention to my duties and I was very shy, it was hard for me to speak up when I was younger.

I relied on the presence of the forest and my creatures.

As I got distracted with my spiritual guide floating, I missed the yellow, piercing eyes that were staring and studying my form.

I only realized I wasn't alone when I heard footsteps.

I looked to my side, to the desert.

And saw a red figure.

I tried to back away, but he kneeled in front of me and held his hands up.

"Hey! Don't worry, I don't want to harm you" He said, but I was scared.

I sat frozen in my place, but still looked at him terrified.

"My name is Nahere R'etska, you are?" He asked with a light smile.

I tried to get over my fear, "Y/N.." I said almost as a whisper.

"What? Sorry, I didn't get that" He said.

I gulped, "Y/N Hue'mi.." I said, this time more clearly.

"Hue'mi? As in, Kabarish Hue'mi?" he asked, all I did was nod lightly.

He then smiled and looked up to the leaves of the forest around me.

"Ah, I've heard so much about him, my dad told me all about him" He said.

I thought for a moment with a soft hum, "R'etska.. you're the son of the Olo'eyktan of the Baktmewu Clan?" I asked softly.

He looked at me with a smile and nodded.

"Yeah! I'm only his second son though" He said.

I nodded and played with my necklace, red pearls adorned it.

My family always made these necklaces for every member, it's been tradition since the time of the first songs.

"Hey! Your necklace is similar to mine!" I heard Nahere say.

He held his necklace to show it off to me.

It looked similar to mine, but instead of red pearls, it was adorned with purple pearls.

I stared at the necklace curiously, his necklace resembled my skin color and my necklace resembled his skin color, that's odd.

I realized I got too close when he cleared his throat.

I backed away, "Sorry. It's very pretty" I said softly.

We sat in silence for a moment before he started talking again.

"Hey, if you want, we could be friends. I think you're really nice" He said as he placed a hand on my shoulder.

I let out a scream as his skin touched mine, it burned.