6 | ❝Anti-Romantic❞ - Lee Know

╔══════════════════╗
LEE MINHO
✎ vi. anti-romantic
╚══════════════════╝

You had always been fine with the fact that Minho wasn't often outwardly romantic with you

You had always been fine with the fact that Minho wasn't often outwardly romantic with you. You weren't particularly romantic either so it never felt like there was something missing or that he didn't love you. You were both content with the dynamic of your relationship, and hadn't given much thought about changing it.

But when you told your friends about this, they were at a loss as to how your relationship with him even worked. When you said you didn't hug or kiss that much, the room was silent. And when you spilled the fact that you two rarely complimented each other either, your friends were left stunned— as if it was unheard of. 

You had never thought of it as weird, but now you were wondering if you should have. You were aware that you sometimes cared about people's opinions too much, but all 3 of your friends had agreed profusely about this— they must be right, right?

You were sitting on the opposite side of the couch as Minho, thinking about this. Both of you were busy with work. Minho was on his laptop, writing and reading over lyrics, and you had a book resting open on your lap. Your brain kept going back to your earlier conversation with your friends at brunch.

"Why don't you try being a little more romantic, just for one evening?" "I agree. You could set up a romantic dinner or snuggle while watching a movie. Isn't it your anniversary soon anyway?"

All your brain could go to was if you and Minho were somehow doing it "wrong". Was there a right and wrong way to a relationship? You were contemplating this thought more than you probably needed to, as you didnt even notice your book slip off your lap and land on the floor.

Hearing the small thud of the book against the floor, Minho looked up from his laptop. He leaned over to pick up your book gently from the floor and place it back in your hands.

"You're thinking about something." He noted, watching your face that was still scrunched up from your train of thought. Your eyebrows were furrowed and your lip was pouting slightly. Minho thought you looked cute, but he wouldn't say it out loud.

You hummed in response, debating whether to bring up the topic with him or not. "Minho?"

"Yeah?" His eyes were back onto his computer screen, his fingers typing on the keyboard and making some edits, but you knew you still had his attention.

"Have you ever felt like we don't do enough?"

He furrowed his eyebrow, "Don't do enough how?"

"Like as a couple."

"No?" He shook his head slightly as if pondering over what being a couple entailed in the first place. You two really were very similar. "Do you feel like we don't do enough?" He finally asked, turning back to you.

"I don't know. I didn't before..." You started, "But my friends seem to do so much more in their relationships. And then I started to wonder if we're supposed to be like that as well."

"What do they do so differently than us?"

You started to get a bit shy after he asked that, hesitantly continuing by whispering, "You know like... physical affection and... pet names...?"

"Oh..." There was an awkward pause for a second, both of you thinking over how you usually spent time together and if it was considered as normal.

"Would you... like it if I called you pet names or was more touchy?" Minho asked suddenly.

You were silent for a moment, "No... I like you just as you are." You smiled and turned your head towards him, "We're still a couple even if we don't do stereotypical couple things, right? We're the ones in the relationship, not my friends, after all."

"You still know I love you even though I don't say it often, right?"

"I know." You scooted closer and pressed a kiss to his cheek, "I like our relationship... it's not over the top."

Minho nodded in agreement, settling back on the couch. He gave you one short kiss on the lips before going back to his work, leaving you to go back to your book.