𝕰𝖕𝖎𝖑𝖔𝖌𝖚𝖊

°◇°◇°◇°

The ancient era had really shaped Ædrie and Maxine. From hunting skills to daily routines, they had to re-learn the ways of survival as they knew it. It wasn't the '80s or the 16th century anymore. Maxine taught her ye old English individual friend her culture's sayings and their meanings, and after quite a while, Ædrie began to unconsciously say things like "broski" or "rad"-but of course with her British accent. Returning the "classes", Ædrie also taught her friend fancy words, in which she did not use pretty much at all unless she was being sarcastic or mocking her friend.

Eventually, Ædrie and Maxine found a small village after a half-year of adventuring in the wild. It took a while for Serenity to become accustomed to the mass amount of people, but with the help of her human friends, she was able to do so-yet with her ever-so-cautious guard. The villagers themselves had never seen a dragon up close, not to mention touch or fly them, so it was a difficult transition for both species.

The girls quickly made friends there, one of them becoming a close friend-Janice-and they joined the village church as well. They learned many new things, like how to make pottery or sew clothing. They even learned horseback riding. Well, Ædrie did. Maxine had already known since before the time incident. Speaking of Maxine, it was she who brought to the ancient world the creation of skateboards. It quickly became an entertaining hobby between the kids of the village.

The seeds the girls had collected with the dragon were finally planted and grown to become towering trees with purple trunks and orange leaves. The grove was located in an area where Serenity was at a comfortable distance from the humans. Maxine and Ædrie built a fence around the batch of trees and were determined to repopulate them. The fruits that were produced were navy blue with arctic blue propeller leaves on the top to guarantee a safe landing when they fell. Maybe they would survive the Flood.

The girls also found some stray cats to adore and care for. And by "some" they meant ten cats and kittens alike. Who knew they kept themselves in groups? Ædrie, Maxine, and Janice absolutely adore cats, and were glad to adopt as many as possible. Out of these, the girls had personal favorites: Maxine had two calicos and a tuxedo cat; Ædrie had a fluffy, white cat, and a fluffy, green-eyed, black one; Janice had a siamese cat, a gray one, and a hairless cat because she wanted to scare Ædrie randomly-even when she woke up. Spoiler alert: she did, but she got used to it eventually.

Serenity also found a mate-surprisingly, since her kind of species, Holo-Snow dragons as Maxine and Ædrie called them-were almost extinct. Their search for the species was not as successful as they wanted. However, they prevailed and found a stray. A staggering, holographic-horned male with faded grayish spots scattered throughout his feathers. Apparently, males had three holographically shimmering horns, which were longer than the female's, who had two, normal horns and holographically shimmering wings instead. The girls named him Glacier, since his stare was ice-cold. The pair had five adorable dragonlings, who were always causing a scene somewhere in the village.

Family was a hard topic, but Maxine and Ædrie understood that returning to the future would require a miracle. Unless the scientist rescues them, which was a comforting thought to hold on for a while before they decided to accept what happened. Maxine urged that it was for the sake of skateboards, but Ædrie believed it was for a more important reason.

As the days bled into years, it was as if the girls never lived in the future. Life became normal again-with the exception of questionable '80s phrases from Maxine.

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕰𝖓𝖉

✨️Or is it the Beginning?✨️

AN: BAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA-Or iS iT tHe bEgInNinG 💀💀💀 im sorry lmao