Chapter One

~Luz~
Luz hadn't seen Amity since her mom sent her to band camp. Luz was supposed to go with her but Amity's mom forbid it and Luz's mom just couldn't afford it right now. But luckily Amity would be back today and they would both be starting senior year. Hunter would be starting his first day at college. He didn't seem nervous but Luz knew better then that. She decided to go into his room and check on him. Hunter was kind of a gamer so his game counsel was always on the way people left tvs on. He was currently looking over his schedule for the day and his school map even though he probably already had it memorized. He was chaotic as heck but he also somehow knew where everything in his room was and in his backpack.

"I can feel you staring." He said not looking up from his desk. "What do you want?" He asked. "Just wanted to check on you. It's your first day of college." Luz said. "And it's your first day senior year. Think you're up for it?" Hunter always knew how to distract Luz. "Yeah, and now Amity's back. I'm so hyped up but also kinda scared. What if she found someone else while she was gone?" Luz said. "That's impossible. I've seen the way you two look at each other. It's the way Willow used to look at me." Hunter replied. "Speaking of Willow, are you okay since the breakup?" Luz asked. Hunter didn't answer instead he handed Luz a ten dollar bill for lunch and ushered her out of his room. He closed the door before she could object.

There wasn't much Luz could do after that but she did try to open the door again but it was locked. Clearly Hunter didn't want to talk about Willow but Luz decided she'd find out sooner or later what his feelings about the situation were. She went back to her room continuing to get ready for school while thinking about Amity and Hunter. She couldn't help but wonder if things were going to be the same as they were before. Probably not since Hunter and Willow were no longer an item. After Luz got ready and was walking out the door she noticed a note on the fridge. It read "went out to get something love mom". There was no telling what Luz's mom was going to get. It could've been anything from groceries to a new pet. Luz's mom was unpredictable to say the least.

After Luz had walked the short walk from her house to the bus stop she got on the bus and put on her headphones. Bringing out her computer from her bag she began typing using her phones Wi-Fi. She had just finished the third chapter on her newest novel when the bus stopped near the school. Putting her computer back in her bag she got up and headed off to campus. It was hard to believe that Luz was already a senior but it was even harder to believe that just next year she'd be going to college. Luz couldn't believe that she was so close to pursuing her dream of becoming a writer. She'd even settle for journalists as long as she could write what she wanted she didn't care.

Before Luz even made it to the cafeteria her two best friends were barreling at her. They both tackled her in a hug knocking off Luz's headphones. "Hey guys. Miss me?" She said not even slightly fazed. "Oh my gosh yes." Willow hugged her tighter. "I would hug you back but my arms are trapped." Luz said smiling. "Can I join the group hug?" Someone said from behind the group. Luz would recognize that voice anywhere. "Amity!" Luz practically screamed. Luz wiggled out of Willow's hold and went to hug her girlfriend. "I'm so glad you're back." Luz said. Amity hugged Luz tightly despite being caught off guard a little bit.

"I'm glad to be back." Amity said. You could here the happiness in her voice. "Are you happy to be free of your parents soon?" Willow asked. That's right, Luz just realized that Amity's birthday was coming up. She'd have to do something nice for her girlfriend maybe a picnic. "Yes. I can't wait to be able to move in with my girlfriend." Amity said. Luz just realized that she might not have enough room in her house for Amity. She didn't expect Amity to really remember something they had talked about months ago. But you know what they say expect the unexpected. "Right." Luz said a lot more confidently then she felt. "We better get to class. Don't want to be late." Amity said just as the first bell rang. Luz just realized that she was still hugging Amity. She reluctantly let go of her girlfriend and Amity took her hand. Luz was thankful for the reassuring pressure of their hands together. They all separated and walked to class.