| 1 | Cast Upon A 𝕯𝖊𝖆𝖙𝖍 Wish

Death, a force of nature that almost no one can escape...

But if Death were say, a sentient being that roamed this very earth...

would it be a possible for your demise to be delayed?

Well, that depends on his choice...

-
-
-

The rain was loud, an eerie feeling dwelled in the air. You were cooped up in your home, laying on a pillow face-down. You were in grief, just receiving some god-awful news from your parents.

You groan in exasperation, hearing the rain outside your home drown out the sounds of your sorrow. You felt like you've hit the lowest point in your life, and it was close to impossible to pick yourself back up.

You and your family, separated due to financial issues. Heck, you barely had enough to pay rent on your own. A job? It didn't help much. You always worked overtime and it still wasn't enough to pay for a month of rent.

As you said before, you've hit rock bottom, nothing else can get worse than this. You bided your time diving through your intrusive thoughts until you heard a series of demanding knocks on your door. You look up, your eyes half-shut and your hair untidy and messed up.

You comb your hair with your fingers whilst you tread toward the door with slouched shoulders. You twist then pull the doorknob, seeing a sight you quailed.

"Joel, hey!" You put on a fake optimistic expression, propping your hands on the door and wrapping one of your legs around the other.

"You know why I'm here." He uttered in a completely sick and tired air.

You release a deep breath, knowing damn well what he wanted from you.

"Y'know, Joel... My uh-"

"Let me guess, in the middle of the night, your 'money' got blown away by the wind into the fireplace?" He interrupted with petty, gesturing with air quotes.

"Pssh, no, of course not!" You replied, waving your hand in front of you vertically, but on the inside, you thought deeply of how to escape this dilly of a pickle.

"I- uhh... What's that?" You voice out, pointing to a random floral patterned vase behind Joel that you used as a mere distraction.

He swivelled to the back, you could tell mostly because of instinct. You shut the door on him, locking it and leaning your back against it. He banged onto the door with evident displeasure, groaning at your egocentric behaviour.

"Y'know what? You're out." He claimed, this time with a sombre and serious tone.

You gasp upon hearing those words, your eyes widened in panic.

"W-Wait, Joel, can't we talk this-"

"Out!" He interjected yet again, aggravation clear in his tone.

"Before things get dirty, I suggest you open the door." He continued, in a tone that was uncommon to you.

You gave in, slowly leaving a slit in the door that led outside. From the inside, you had seen Joel, who had his arms crossed whilst thumping his shoe against the stone road.