VIII. Behavior changes or imagination?

Now that I'm sitting here again, I am starting to wonder what else could be done to kill time. If I'm honest with myself, I do gotta say that I'm surprised that the door of my room isn't even locked at any time. It's as if they are absolutely sure I have nowhere to go. I mean, I could escape any moment if I would want to, but something is pulling me back. It's like something is unconsciously telling me that something good will happen when I'll stay and help out with some things, no matter if they have a big or small meaning. I took a look in the drawer that was attached to the table, maybe finding something useful for the fact to keep myself busy for some time. And indeed I found some small treasure! Some paper and pencils were inside. The fact they didn't even think about it that I could use these as weapons is already funny. But at least I have something small just in case, if something might happen.
My mother used to show me how to draw smaller animals like bunnies or cats. Not with too much detail, but simple little figures. It brings a smile to my lips when thinking back to these little things that now share big meaning with themselves.

I drew for some time but then the thought of my hair needing to get washed came to mind. I didn't think much of it because I knew next door was a small bathroom. Quite the luxury when it comes to a lab to include all of it in one I thought to myself. Shampoo, towels, and a bathrobe. Even face lotion is included. Taking a closer look, they showed me that that is the usual lotion I use for my skin some longer time ago. Is it just a coincidence, or does someone know me longer here already? I tried not to make too much of it and just thought of it as a funny coincidence and took a shower which I needed anyway after that fight.

Just a bit later when I came out of the shower, the only thing that I first noticed now was missing, were new clothing I need. I decided to shrug it off tho and put on the bathrobe instead as a little placeholder so at least something would cover my body. Wesker will come back anyway soon to pick me up for something and when he'll see that I don't have fresh clothing to wear, he might just bring some. Till he will come, I still got some time for practicing my drawing skills, which could help me out in the future.

Half an hour passed and the door swung open as if something happened and everyone had to get informed immediately. I turn around on the spot while still on my chair and I see Excella. What does she want from me at this time, especially without Wesker?
"Listen here weakling. I have no idea what you've done to Albie, but I want you to stop it this instant! Something is off about him and I'm very sure it's because of you! Don't even try to win over him. It's obvious who really is in love with him after all." She said in her seemingly Italian accent as she for some reason decided to poke my chest. Is this woman okay? Does she need mental support?

"What do ya mean?" I asked a bit confused because he was usually himself when with others. I don't imagine him being different somewhere else apart from here either. She must've caught up something wrong.
"What I mean? What I mean?!! You little-" was pretty much the last thing she could say before her 'lover bird' came in to interrupt whatever nonsense is happening here. He just stares at us in silence and Excella also finally shuts up again.
"Excella you have other jobs to do than do whatever this was supposed to be. And you need new clothes. Immediately.." Albert said in a disappointed tone and escorted Excella out. Suddenly he continued:
"Give me a few seconds, Y/N. I'll try to get you something. I would have sent someone to do that but I'm the only one as it seems who can do their job without freaking out about something that doesn't even belong to it." And that's how they left again. Thinking about what just happened, I can't help myself but have a short quick laugh to myself. I never had such a bitch war before but everything can happen if I think about it now again.

A few minutes pass by and Albert comes back, already seeming a bit worn out. Probably had a discussion with Excella about her behaviour whatever was going on not so long ago. He placed the fresh clothing on my bed as he sat down next to them, leaning on his knees as he looks at me, seeming almost curious.
"Is there something, Albert?" I tried asking him politely and he shook his head without a word. It took a moment for him to come to word but eventually, he found himself.
"I excuse for what she had done. Even tho I still had some plans with you, I'll make an exception today and shove it to tomorrow. If you're bored, ask Birkin if he shares to be caring to spend time with you. I tho would be available in my office for the rest of the time if you need me for anything." Once again with this short conversation, he is on his way to leave again. At first, I thought about maybe giving him a short 'thank you' hug but concluded it was probably a bad idea, causing me to just get an agreeing "mhm" from my lips. He patted my shoulder and was off again to his duty.

I closed the door, taking a deep breath. Now some blush started to appear on my cheeks that I suppressed this whole time and I couldn't help but give myself a little smack. Why did you have to think wrong at his second sentence?! Sometimes I do am quite an idiot.. but guess I just can't help it. Quickly I got to change into the surprisingly comfy clothes that have a lazy style to then drop into bed to have a little staring contest with the ceiling.

Everything will find a funny ending, I'm very sure of that.