Chapter 2

"Alex, I'm home! I ordered us Chinese! I know it's my time to cook but I'm just too lazy to do it!"

"You're always lazy! I'll be down in a minute."

I shouted from upstairs. Yes, we have schedules on who cooks on what day and who cleans. With both our busy schedules, we have to or we will end up eating fast food all the time and it's not healthy! You might be wondering why we share 1 house when we definitely can afford to have separate ones. Honestly? I really don't know why. Maybe we weren't ready to be away from each other just yet, or maybe we're just too lazy to look for different houses and travel every time we want to see each other.

"So? How were your meetings?"

"Exhausting, and a big load of bullshit." Alex said.

"Why? What happened? That's new hearing it from you."

"Well, the secretary of the new CEO of Carter and Sanders Empire just confirmed that he will be able to attend the show, and that means there's really no room for mistakes, Lex. This show will be now under the eyes of public scrutiny. God, I hate bringing the perfectionist in me to work Lex. You know how I just want to enjoy it."

"Wait, wait, wait! You mean the Carter and Sanders CEO is going to be there too?"

"That's what I just said, Lex."

"No way, Jose! You know how much I wanna be a part of their hospital! I mean, it's been my dream! Why will he be there? It's a fashion show, for Christ sake!"

"Stop acting like a fan girl. It's not like your family is not as close as rich as they are, if not equally," she said.

"Shut up. You know we are way behind them. So now why is he going to be there?" I asked.

"Because let's not forget that aside from their expensive hospitals, laboratories, spa's, airlines, and malls they are involved in fashion too, Lex. Malls, remember?"

"Yeah, I get it but he must be a really busy person. How come?! You think you're mom have something to do with it?"

"No, mom wouldn't dare! And I know he is a busy one, that's what surprised me a while ago. I mean yes, if he approves my line it's gonna be a big hit Lex but I was half praying he won't make it, to lessen the stress, you know."

"You're gonna be okay Anne. You're Anne Evans after all. You can do almost the impossible," I said with encouragement.

"Well thanks for the vote of confidence there," Anne said.

"You said new CEO?" I asked.

"Yes. Apparently, it's already time that the father hands it down to the son. I really don't know what to expect though. I haven't met the man in question. He could be a 30 or 40 something guy, married, and happy with kids but a bad ass businessman. I heard he is really strict and heartless, I don't know what to expect. I don't read the news or have time to watch any."