Rodrigo De Paul

I wanted to tell you 

You were having a cosy night in, rather than going out for New year. You had been having so many late nights as well as drinking a bit due to the world cup win, you just wanted to be with Rodrigo and have some alone time.

The last few weeks had been hectic whilst watching the world cup, this was your time to relax which was lovely as you snuggled up together.

The relationship was new and fresh, something you were scared about because of the nature of his previous relationship.

But this felt right, being in his arms this new year felt good.

"You okay?" he asked as he noticed that you were quiet while watching the movie.

"Yeah I am good, are you?" you turned to have a look at him.

"I wanted to tell you on new year's, that I love you" you coughed, slightly as you were taken by surprise.

"What?" you muttered as you looked at him.

"You heard me babe, I said I love you" you felt your face go so red with a mixture of embarrassment and a hint of being shocked.

"I love you too" you mumbled as you leaned in and kissed him.

"Was you shocked?" he laughed as you nodded.

"Yes, I really wasn't expecting it. But I love you too. What a start to the new year" you grinned as you cuddled up closer towards him as you carried on watching the films for the rest of the evening.