22. Moving in, moving on

The house was almost ready for family Hollingsworth to move in. Lillian loved how it turned out and her parents where really proud of what she did and the love she put into the house. It was so important to Lillian to finally have a home for Annie and herself; a home where both of them felt safe and actually were safe. They may still have a long road to go, but all four of them were sure they were able to get back to a normal family life in the near future. The oldest daughter still wasn't letting her father do to much around Annie and her, she still was worried that something was going to happen to Annie. The fear of someone hurting her little sister was still with her every day even after she talked to her parents about it. The protective sister mode can't be turned off that easily.

But Chris was glad that Lillian was so caring and protective over her sister, he coulnd't imagen how everything would have turned out if his daughter wasn't so protective, caring and loving. Also he couldn't forgive himself for putting his children through all that shit. Since Lillian pured her heart out to him, he kicked himself every day for doing those things. Every once in a while he still could see the anxious look in his daughters eyes. He couldn't imagen how hard it must have been for them. Chris noticed in the last couple of weeks that Lillian was coming out of her anxious-self and got every day more like the girl he knew before his wife was taken away from them.

Lillian herself noticed herself that she was easing up a little more. Every day she was able to give her family a bit more of herself. For a long while her real self was hidden away somewhere very deep inside her. She could care about herself too much the last couple of years, so she was hiding her real self from everybody and made sure that nobody saw how she really felt or what she needed most. It wasn't easy for her thats for sure, especially since she actually was very open with her parents before Lorraine took her mother from her. She loved her parents dearly and couldn't imagen her life without them when she was little. But then all of the sudden she lost her mother, because of her grandmother and her father, because he couldn't handle the grieve. But Lillian had to handle not only the grieve for the lose of her mother, but also the grieve for her father never beeing there for her and her sister. And to all that she was now resbonsible for her baby sister, living with an alcoholic bitch of a grandmother. So she had no other choice than to hide herself and take everything before herself.

***

The past few weeks passed by really quick. Almost everything changed since that, but everything changed for the better. Lillian and Annie didn't had to be scared anymore, Anna was back and totaly fine, best friends turned out to be family and their loving family turned out to be the girls family as well. Everything seems to be going just like it should be in every family and with the house beeing almost ready it seemed perfect even more. Family Hollingsworth settled into a good routine and all four of them where imansly happy on the island, close to their family.

The three best friends had a lot of fun together around the island, they even had some ideas for a baby shower and gender reveal party for Harry and Tanya's baby. And of course they wanted to bring them together so they would stay together not only for their baby, but also because they obviously really loved one another. Emma and Hallie were so glad to have Lillian close and that they could to so much more with her. They were glad that she would do almost everything they suggested.

Annie also had a little play buddy. When Emma had to babysit her brother, but wanted to do something with her friends, Lillian would bring Annie with her. So the little ones could play together and the three friends could do something together as well.

It just was a perfect fit to move to the island. Anna liked the island as well, she became good friends with Sophie and spent some time with her. Turns out they have more incomen then they thought in the beginning. Not only that, but they also could talk about the kids and stuff like that, since their kids were in the same ages.

Chris also got closer to Sky and togther they did some man stuff. Sky also helped Chris sometimes around the house before they went on the mainland to get some beers. Chris wasn't really that comfortable with leaving his wife and daughters, but he eventually did go after he got convinced that nothing would happen.

***

Today was then the day family Hollingsworth to move into their house. Lillian had arleady decorated and moved the rest of their things into the house; while her parents were on the mainland to buy Anna some cloth and Annie was with their grandparents. She wanted to surprise her family with a completely finished home.

***

Anna and Chris just came back from the mainland and walked right up to where Donna was playing with Annie. The little girl was happily plaing with her grandmother.

"Hey Donna, hey Annie!" Anna smiled as she saw her youngest daughter play without beeing scared.

"Mommy! Daddy!" Annie squealed as she looked up and saw her parents walking up to them.

"There is my little Annie!" the mother smiled as she picked up the five-year-old.

"My mommy!" Annie sighed dramatically as she cuddled up to her mother's chest, warming Donna and Chris' hearts.

"Yeah, your mommy. You never have to be without her anymore!" Chris remained their youngest daughter who just nodded her head.

"I know, Daddy!" Annie said rolling her eyes at her father.

"Look who got the attitude!" "They don't say like father like daughter without a meaning!" Donna laughed after her daughter-in-law spoke.

"Coming back to the important stuff again. Where is that Lillian of ours?" Chris asked looking at his mother.

"She is in your house. But I am told to not let you go up there until she called and cleared you to go!" Donna told as she was told to with a proud smile on her face.

"Okay and when might that be?" Anna asked before kissing her daughter's head.

Just as Anna asked Donna's phone rang; it was Lillian.

"Right on time that daughter of yours!" Donna laughed before answering the phone.

"Hey, gramma. You can let them come up. I am ready!" Lillian sighed a little exhausted.

"Okay, I will. See you later!" Donna tenderly told her granddaughter before hanging up.

"You can go up, she is ready!"

***

Just a little while later Chris, Anna and Annie were walking into their house, looking for their daughter.

As they opened the door they saw pictures hanging on the walls of the hallway. On the little table next to the door were standing flowers and above that were a border for their keys.

And as they looked down the hallway there was Lillian smiling proudly at the surprised faces of her family.

"Lily. I wan Lily!" Annie said as she was trying to get out of her mother's arms.

As soon as she was on the floor she run to her sister who smiled and picked her up.

"Wanna see your room, sissy?" Lillian asked looking at her sister with one of the sweetest smiles.

"YES! ROOM!" Annie squealed happily.

"You can take a look at our house. I decided to decorate it as I thought all of us would like. Let me know if we should change something!" Lillian explained to her parents before she introduced her little sister to her room and the rest of the house.

"She is a great kid and sister!" "The best!"

***
A/N: This will probably be the last chapter for now. Currently, I don't plan on writing further. But maybe get a new idea to add and I'll write it.

I hope you enjoyed reading so far. And thank you for the support.🤍

-Love Vivi