Ideal Lover

It was strange

It was strange.

Incomprehensible even.

So why did it make so much sense at the same time?

Kunikida was a man of ideals, and it was exceedingly difficult for him to stray from them. Particularly in regards to the person he would want to live out the remainder of his days with. Someone who he would wake up next to in the morning. Someone who he would want to raise children with.

58 ideas of the ideal lover seem to be nothing more than mere dreams. That kind of person is what you would encounter in stories where the protagonist ultimately wins the girl. He was constantly being reminded of this by none other than the waste of bandages himself.

However, Kunikida desired a young man, not an ideal lady. He didn't even come close to ten ideals, much less at least five.

So why did he cherish the gentle, yet timid tone of his angelic voice that always came through when he spoke?

Or the way the moonlight illuminates his pale complexion.

Kunikida could stare for hours in his beautiful sunset eyes that seemed to light up every room he walked in.

Oh how he wished he could run his hands through his sliver locs, which were cut unevenly and seemed to frame his face just right. He adored the way his sliver locs bounced whenever he moved his head.

Was it as soft as it looked?

Of course it was it wasn't even a question.

How about the pleasant coconut scent he detected coming from the boy? Given that the boy doesn't appear to be the perfume-wearing type, it was probably a cheap shampoo, but it nonetheless became one of Kunikida's favorite scents.

The list could go on

'Goodmorning Kunikida-San!'

'Goodmorning Atsushi-Kun'

He glanced down at his tiny, idealistic book. He just so happens to be reading his list of the ideal partner right now. He takes another look at the young man. He understood what had to be done.

He ripped the paged out of his book and began to write down everything he adored about the young man. He was only concerned with that one thing at the time and it wasn't his ideals.

'Atsushi Nakajima'

He may not meet his ideals but he's everything he needs and more.