Chapter 5

Ryder

What the hell? No. No! No? She said no to me. I don't think anyone has ever said no to me.

This girl is driving me crazy.

I don't know how to talk to her. The harder I try the more she seems to dislike me.

How am I supposed to make her fall in love with me when I can't even get her to talk to me?

As soon as lunch ended I considered ditching, but then I realized that maybe I shared my afternoon classes with my angel so I decided to stick around.

I headed to class, AP Calc, but she wasn't there. I almost turned around to leave when I noticed her friend Sam was in the back getting harassed by some jocks.

I walked back to where they were and pulled the chair next to his. The jocks grinned thinking I would join their bullying.

"Hey Sam, is this chair free?"

Sam's head whipped around so fast that I was afraid he may have gotten whiplash and the jocks froze.

"Yeah, it is," he said quickly.

"Thanks, buddy" I replied while sitting "I hope these guys weren't hassling you," I said out loud staring down the head jock and football quarterback Chas Pierson.

"No, no, we were just asking him for help on the homework." Chas stuttered out.

Liar!

"If you need help on homework go to tutoring after school, you don't get it right before the bell. Now find your seats." I said coldly while looking at each of the jocks.

They scrambled away and sat on the other side of the classroom.

"Thanks" Sam whispered without looking at me.

"Anytime" I smiled at Sam "Sorry about the library this morning, there's no excuse for my behavior."

Sam's mouth turned into an O.

I can't believe I just apologized. This girl is really messing with my brain.