*Notes*

Y/n's POV
October 4, 1993

I've been going to Coast Side High for almost two weeks and I already have multiple friends including Frisky, Alfie, Harlow, Busker, Chippy, Cherry, and of course Bandit. I walk out of the gym and to my locker. The day was finally over. I put in my combo and open my locker to see a small, blue, folded piece of paper fall out. I catch it before it reaches the ground. The paper isn't mine, I've never seen it before. I fold the edges out to reveal sloppy writing.

'You are more entertaining than bubble warp!'
-H

"Heh-" I scoff at the interesting compliment. 'H'. Do I know an 'H'? Oh, Harlow..? Harlow is so sweet but if he wanted to compliment me he would do it more extraordinarily.

October 5, 1993

"Don't wait up! I'll meet you in class!" I yell to Bandit as I take a detour to my locker. I open it to see another note. Is this the same one from yesterday? I open the blue paper to see new writing.

'Your presence always lights up the room you enter!'
-H

Damn. Harlow has my attention.

October 6, 1993

I swing open my locker to be greeted with another note.

'Yellow looks good on you.'
-H

I look down to see that I'm wearing a yellow top with a grey and black plaid skirt. But Harlow isn't here today... How does he know what I'm wearing?

October 7, 1993

Another note from Harlow. This time the message looks really rushed.

'I missed you.'
-H

He was only gone for a day... Pretty small gap to miss someone.

October 8, 1993

'You make school/hell a better place.'
-H

October 9, 1993

'Just hugging you make me feel like I'm floating.'
-H

October 10, 1993

I enjoy all of the flattering notes I get from Harlow every day but it's time to confront him. I walk down the hall to my computer class and see Harlow sitting two spots away from my desk. He clicks his pen, obnoxiously, waiting for class to start. I sneak over before the bell rings. "Hi, Harlow."

"Hey, Y/n, how are you?" He looks up at me as I hover over his desk.

"I know about your little notes and they're super fun but I don't want you to keep wasting your time if you have any... Intentions." I lay down the blue, folded, sheets of paper.

"Ha- sorry, Y/n. You've got the wrong guy. But it looks to me that you've got a secret admirer." I tremble.

"What?"

"I haven't been sending anyone little notes. Plus, I got better handwriting."

"Oh, sorry, Harlow." I waddle over to my chair and instantly sink into it. If it's not Harlow giving me these notes then who is? I know it's just a misunderstanding but I am so embarrassed that I just exposed myself to Harlow. I avoid him and everyone else for the rest of class.

~Who could it be? Small cliffhanger but the next chapter will be a bit chaotic. Good day/night.

~I love you.

~524 Words