cardboard boxes & photographs

-1- cardboard boxes & photographs

Jennie yawned, smacking her lips a few times as she blinked at the morning sun shining through their blinds. Her eyelids were still lowered, not registering the amount of weight on top of her body, and looked around their room, fairly lit in an orange, warm glow. Strands of blonde hair brushed against Jennie's cheek and tickled the skin underneath.

A twinkle gleamed in Jennie's eye as she glanced over to her girlfriend's, surprisingly, strong grip around her waist. She melted into the fond position and wanted to sleep, again, sleepy Lisa had her way and kept her in bed.

And maybe Jennie should stop waking up so early to catch this view every day.

Scratch that, she should stop. This was an infinite reminder of what it means to wake up, what it means to live, right here, with Lisa. Jennie would say this is a once-in-a-lifetime memory. But, even when she's seen it time after time, it'll never feel like something she'll get used to. And she won't. She won't get used to Lisa.

It wasn't news to Jennie. Lisa always managed to look like an angel bathing in the sun's golden shines, and created an enchanting luminescence that outlined her soft-looking cheeks and hair. Truly was a seraphic sight. Jennie moved a bit to plant a small, light kiss on her forehead as she cradled Lisa's head with her arm.

There's a familiar light tiredness prancing around her heart and body, but with one that was rather fulfilling than exhausting. With many years down the road, repeated over and over as she breathed in Lisa's scent, she's living in their emotions. With Lisa's peacefulness combined with her satisfaction, Jennie is blissfully trapped but is so free.

It's a set of chains wrapped around her so tightly that sometimes suffocates or overwhelms her to where she can't believe this is reality. These pairs of chains also came in the form of an image of a beach. It was beautiful, soft, fresh with such a raw purity that it crashed into her with its waves to tell her something.

No worries, Jennie knows. She just loves remembering it.

A pair of invisible and tiny arms squeezed her heart, allowing a fluttering feeling of warmth to spread throughout her body. It emitted into the blanket, their clothes, souls, etc.

Then, she smiled.

This is it, this will always be it. Jennie is in true happiness.

She looked back out the window and squinted her eyes. Leftover wine glasses and a few cacti plants trying to hide behind their curtains. Jennie's daydream of last night cut short when she heard Lisa mumble something and finally release some pressure off Jennie, causing the girl to let out a quiet, heavy breath of relief.

She may love Lisa, but damn is that girl heavy when she's asleep, Jennie nearly died.. obviously, she's exaggerating but her poor chest. Jennie ignored the urge to roll her eyes as she watched Lisa twist into another weird position, it's too normal at this point.