Chapter 11

The sound of my mom's car horn resonated through the quiet suburban street, making me jump in surprise. I had been trying to sneak Liam out of the house before my mom came home, but it seemed that my plan had failed.

I took a deep breath and gathered my courage, knowing that I would have to face my mom and explain the situation. I walked towards the car, feeling a sense of fear building in my chest with each step.

"Hey mom," I said, my voice trembling slightly.

My mom looked up from her phone and smiled at me, her expression warm and welcoming. "Hi Tess," she said, her voice soft and gentle.

I took a deep breath, bracing myself for what was to come. "So, umm, this is Liam," I said, gesturing toward the tall boy standing behind me. "He was just leaving."

My mom's smile faded slightly as she looked at Liam. I could tell that she was sizing him up, trying to determine whether he was a good influence on me.

"Well, it's nice to meet you, Liam," my mom said finally, extending her hand. "Are you in her grade?" she asked, considering that he might be one of my classmates.

"No, actually I'm in my second year of college," Liam said, his voice hesitant. I felt a sense of dread settle in my stomach. This was it, I was going to die tonight.

My mom's eyebrows shot up in surprise. "Oh, I see," she said, considering this new information. "So, where do you guys know each other?"

Liam hesitated for a moment before answering. "I met Tess at a small restaurant in town. She was there with her friends, and we kind of bumped into each other and started talking. I was in the neighborhood and just wanted to say hi," he said smoothly.

It was the best lie I had ever heard, but I wondered if my mom believed him. After all, I wasn't really someone who went out with friends to restaurants.

"Eh, okay. Goodbye then," my mom said, cutting the conversation short. I felt a sense of relief wash over me as I walked Liam to the gate.

"Thanks," I whispered to him as we said our goodbyes.

"Anytime, I know a thing or two about parents," he replied with a grin, his eyes twinkling in the dim light.

As Liam disappeared from view, I turned and made my way back towards the house. To my surprise, my mom didn't ask me any questions about Liam, which was a relief. I had managed to pull off the deception, at least for now.

I sat down on the couch and started to recall everything that had just gone down. It was funny how Liam had said he loved me on the first day. It was almost as if he had done it before.

As I sat there lost in thought, my phone beeped with a new message. It was from Trez and I hadn't talked to him the whole day.

"Hey, Tess! Long time no talk. How have you been?" the message read.

"Hi baby," I smiled as I typed out the response. I loved the nickname I had given him. "How are you?" I asked.

"I am good," he responded. I told him the whole story of how the day went with Liam and the sudden confession. I didn't know why I was telling him this, but he was my best friend after all.

Trez listened patiently as I recounted the events of the evening, his soft voice reassuring me that everything would be okay. It was nice to have someone to talk to about all of this, someone who I knew I could trust.

"Tess can I ask you something?" Trez texted me, and I sensed a certain seriousness in his words.

"Yeah, ask away. It's fine," I replied, eager to hear what he had to say.

"Can you not talk about other boys while talking to me?" he texted, and my heart skipped a beat. It was a question I had never expected to hear from him, and I wasn't sure how to respond.

"I'm sorry, Trez. I didn't realize it was bothering you," I replied, trying to keep my tone light and casual.

"It's just...I don't know," Trez continued, and I could sense the hesitation in his words.

I didn't want to push him for more information, as I didn't want to define the relationship (DTR) at the moment. I decided to wait and see what he had to say.

"It's okay," I replied, feeling a sudden rush of emotions welling up inside me. It was hard to believe that my best friend had feelings for me, but at the same time, it felt like something I had known all along.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Hey there, friends! Welcome to chapter 11 of this exciting adventure. I'm excited to share this next part of the story with you and see where it takes us. Don't forget to share your thoughts and ideas in the comments below - your feedback is always appreciated!

As a heads up, I'll be posting the next chapter on Inkitt before sharing it here on Wattpad. So make sure to follow me there to be the first to know when it drops.

Thanks for joining me on this journey - I couldn't do it without you. Let's keep the momentum going and dive into chapter 11!