Chapter 1

The City of Alantis’s Heros and Villians are always busy at work with the sun high in the sky but this story doesn’t follow either side but the people in between them, the vigilantes.

Devin had his chin resting on his palm, the day felt like it was going slower than a snail. The bell rang as someone opened the door, heavy footsteps echoed in the cafe, Devin sat up quickly wrinkling his apron.

“Hello and welcome to the hero only cafe, what could I get you today?” Devin said in a cheerful voice, the voice he talks in when he talks to a customer.

“One Mango Dragonfruit Lemonade Grande and Pineapple Passionfruit Lemonade tall.” One of the customers said, Devin punched in the drinks and then looked up to the customers, one of the customers had short white hair and was tall, the other standing next to him had almost short length blue hair with a light blue streak, a yellow and white pokedot bandana held the hair out of the mans face and he was also tall.

“That will be $8.70, cash, debit or credit?” Devin asked.

“Debit” The blue haired man said and handed a card to Devin, he took it and swiped it. After the card was accepted Devin handed the card back.

“Your drinks will be out soon” Devin stated, the two men walked away and sat at a table near the far side of the store, Devin’s poture loosened and he pulled his phone out of his pocket. The thing he opens his phone to is many posts about political and hero views and then one thing caught his eye.

2 ‘Vigilantes’ That Are Found Guilty For The Murder Of Edrick Thomas Have Escaped Prison And Are On The Run

Devin rolled his eyes and turned his phone off after he heard someone walk up from behind him.

“Devin here are the drinks, I’ve got some online orders to do” His boss said, her hair was back in a braid bun.

“Thanks, I’ll get these to them” Devin got up which just showed how he was a hair shorter than his boss.

“Thanks Devin” She said with a pat on his back and then went back into the back. Devin picked the drinks up and walked around the counter and walked to the men, he heard them whispering but when he came up they stopped.

“Here's the Grande Mango Dragonfruit Lemonade and the Tall Pineapple Passionfruit Lemonade” Devin placed the drinks on the table and started walking when he was stopped by one of the mens’ questions.

“Do you know about the 2 vigilantes that broke out of jail?” The white haired man asked, his voice was dead toned.

“Yeah, it's all over the news and it’s pretty hard to miss,” Devin said.

“Do you know who the vigilantes are?” The blue haired man asked.

“Uh, I’ve heard rumors, anyway why are you heroes asking?” Devin asked.

“Just out for questions and well this place is one of the most popular places.” The blue haired man replied, Devin nodded then walked away deciding himself that the conversation between him and the men were done. Devin went back around the counter and leaned against the surface, he then felt a buzz in his back pocket. Devin pulled his phone out and saw what made his phone buzz.

Micheal Is Calling…

Devin groaned with a small laugh, he swiped right then lifted the device up to his ear.

“Devin! We’ve got a letter from the dragon, so when you’re done come straight home.” Micheal rushed out.

“Whao geez, imformation overload but ok. I have atleast 4 more hours of my shift then I’ll be heading home, Kay wanted some help closing the cafe.” Devin answered.

“Alright, I’ve got to go, I don't wanna burn the food I’m making!” Micheal yelled and then hung up. Devin removed the phone from his ear and shook his head as he sighed again, he stuffed his phone back into his back pocket. The 2 men got up from their table, whispering and drinks in their hands.

“Thank you for coming and please come ag-” Devin started to say then a huge crash came from the wall, dust came flying from the wall which caused Devin to start coughing. Kay came rushing out of the back room, she weilded a bat but then groaned when she saw what happened.

“Hello there heroes!” The villain who had just broken the wall yelled.

“OI THERE IS A DOOR” Kay yelled.

“We have got this Kay!” The blue-haired man yelled.

Devin walked up to his shared apartment while pulling his key out of his pocket, after the click of the door unlocking Devin opened it and rushed himself in. Micheal stood in the kitchen talking on his phone, he did’t notice or hear Devin enter the apartment until he was done with his call.

“Oh geez! Devin you’re here early?” Micheal stated, a bit of confusion slipping through.

“Well a villain went through the wall of the cafe so Kay sent me home early” Devin said, Micheal nodded in understanding.

“Well it’s good you’re not hurt and if you could get the map out as I make tea?” Micheal asked, Devin gave him a thumbs up and then went into the Living room.

-

Words; 892