Chapter 2

Devin sat on the ground pulling a big piece of paper from under the coffee table, he unrolled it and laid it across the table. Micheal came from the kitchen with two cups, one was a solid red and the other was a solid purple. Michael handed the red cup to Devin and then sat down on the couch behind Devin.

“The circled spots are where the heroes will be patrolling tonight and the red circle is the bank.” Devin said pointing at the spots with one hand and then turned around to Michael who was sipping on the hot tea.

“Alright, we’ll be meeting with the Dragon tomorrow , in the alleyway near the far reach of the city, it should be quiet there and heroes don't go on that side of town but with them escaping from prison recently the heroes will be on high alert,” Michael said, Devin sipped his tea burning his tongue but he just kept sipping on it not caring.

“If anything happens to one of us and we can’t make it home tonight after, we will meet at the park across the street.”Michael finished his sentence, Devin placed his mug down on the coffee table and started to roll the map back up. After he put the map back under the table and got up.

“Shall we get ready?” Devin asked with a cheeky smile, Michael laughed lightly then got up from the couch, placing his mug next to Devin’s.

“Heck yeah I am, since they got put in prison we haven’t been able to really do anything except pull little kid pranks on the heroes!” Michael smiled widely and then ran to his room quickly leaving a laughing Devin in the living room.

_

Michael and Devin stood on the roof of their apartment building, the wind was gentle and made Devin’s cheeks turn a light red, he was happy that it was summer so the breeze wasn’t making himself freeze with his sleezeless top.

“Are you ready? Michael asks, him and Devin’s eyes met and then Devin smiled with a nod. Michael kneeled down, placing his hand on the concrete making a black puddle. Devin and him slowly got pulled into the darkness and once they were fully sumergered the puddle shrank into itself.

_

A dark puddle bubbled up into the alleyway, Devin and Michael came up from the puddle, disappearing soon after. They both stayed silent as they heard talking from above them, two male voices and a female voice.

This wasn’t right… there is only supposed to be one person here!

“LightningDemon and StormDemon, I’m so glad you could help me with this,” The female's voice said.

“So you think this is going to be the work of those annoying vigalanties, the ones who have been pulling those childish pranks and then stopped popping up since the Dragon and his Serpent got out of jail?” One of the male’s voices said, it sounded familiar to Devin, though he couldn’t put his finger on it.

“Yep, those 2 are like teenagers on april fools day” The woman sighed.

“WipVine, don't talk like that, you always act like a teenager on april fools day” A monotone voice said with a bit of a chuckle, it was different from the male voice from before.

“I’m gonna pool into the back room and get the codes” Michael whispered to Devin and then he was gone as fast as they arrived, Devin stayed against the wall crouched down to not be spotted by the heroes.

“Geez StormDemon no need to be so dead toned, anyway I heard you guys were at Kay’s coffee shop when they were attacked by a villian” The woman said.

“Yeah and there was this kinda sassy barista” The man's voice had life in it.

“He was really sassy, Lightning asked him like three questions and after we were gonna ask another he walked away” StormDemon said, Devin could just hear the hero's eye roll. Devin started to get from the ground and then he heard a hiss from behind him which caught the heroes attention.

“Did you hear that?” WipVine asked, Devin could hear the quickening sound of crackling and then it came, a streak of lightning appeared in front of Devin who quickly backed away. It made the dark sky light up, then the lightning disappeared and where the lightning striked stood the hero LightningDemon.

“Crimson Brian…” The hero said, then the other heroes popped down into the alleyway, Devin was outnumbered but that didn’t matter much to him.

“LightningDemon, StormDemon and WipVine, what a pleasant surprise. Well it's a surprise the Demon brothers are here.” Devin chuckled and then stood up straight, his hands laid at his side.

“Well then it's good that you didn’t expect us here, '' StormDemon said, Devin started to run at them…

Crunch and then a scream.

Devin woke up with a start and pain in his right hand, it had started to bruise. Devin looked at the clock next to his bed, it read 4am, Devin got up and slowly walked over to his bedroom door opening it. The apartment was quiet and with every step the floorboards squeaked, Devin grabbed his jacket and placed it over his shoulders. He quickly walked out of the apartment and then walked over to the stairs. Once he got out he walked across the street and saw Micheal waiting for him.

“Devin I heard what happened, are you ok?” Michael got up once he saw Devin.

“Yes, let’s just get to the Dragon and Serpent.” Devin said, Michael nodded and then started to walk ahead of Devin who was a bit slower than usual.

-

Words; 950