Chapter 6

Addi's Pov

Life is as good as it can be right now. Friday night dinners are tolerable, my friends are good, and on and off again relationship with Aaron Chambers is... well-going.

"So, Rory how is Chilton going?" Grandma asks Rory filling the then-silent room.

"It going good, I have to pick a sport though and I don't even have a clue on what to pick," Rory says after swallowing her food.

"Physical education is very important, maybe even more important than academic education, so says Plato so says I," Grandpa says. He has a way of remembering the little things, book quotes, and things you like. The things that matter.

"I said she should join the debate," Lorelai says.

"Debate isn't a sport." Grandma and Grandpa say, never letting an opportunity to correct her pass.

"It is the way the Gilmores play it." She says before Rory cuts off the rest of this conversation saying.

"So Adeline, what sport do you play?"

"I do Cheerleading, soccer, and track. But I am also part of the environmental and animal rescue club. I'm also in NHS."

"Jesus kid, that's a lot.' Lorelai says looking at Rory in disbelief.

"It's not all that much. Besides, I like to be busy and unlike some of my friends I'm not taking over a company so I have to make sure I get into a good school." Lying through my teeth. It is a lot. But I have to be perfect, I can't mess up, not like my mother did.

"It is important to keep a busy schedule it shows the structure," Grandpa says.

"It also gives you a good opportunity to meet different types of people," Grandma adds.

It doesn't. Pretty much everyone at Chilton is in the same rich little bubble, not that I'm not. I am really at the center of it all.

"Richard, you should take the girls to the club. Rory can join golf, and meet different types of people." Grandma says.

"I'm sure Rory would rather hang out a the mall than go to the club," Grandpa says.

"Nonsense, you are taking them to the club."

"Fine."

"Mom, can I talk to you?"

"We are in the middle of dessert Lorelai."

"Just for a second."

"Fine," Grandma says and they walk into the living room.

Me and Rory awkwardly look at each other. You know that look when you see someone out in public that's in your classes but you don't talk to each other? Yeah, that's the feeling me and Rory have of each other. I don't hate her, but I don't like her. She is just the person whom I might smile at in the halls if I see her and we make eye contact, and we make small talk at dinner. But we aren't more than that and maybe we never will.

The shouting from the other room is the only word heard. Guess who's going to the country club on Sunday. The Gilmore twins.

Dinner is filled with silence then quick goodbye.

Life isn't as good as it can be right now.

Rory Pov

"Man, did you get blindsided? I'm so sorry" My mom says as we are walking outside.

"That's Okay"

"I tried to stop it, I swear."

"I know, maybe it won't be that bad. " I say looking on the bright side of things. I have to do that with my mom, be reassuring.

"Maybe it won't," She says like I'm crazy.

"Maybe I will like it."

"Maybe you will."

"Maybe you could come with me."

"Rory, I would take a bullet for you but I would rather stick something sharp in my ear than go to the club with you." She says getting into the car. 'I would rather slide down a banister of razor blades than go to the club with you." She continues this the whole way home.

I love my mom, but I wish she wouldn't act like a child. Being an adult when you are a child can be difficult sometimes. I know why she does this but it can be a lot sometimes. With everything with school, the work is just so much more than Stars Hollow High.

I don't know how Adeline does this all. With her clubs, her sports, her grades, everything about her life is so perfect. I want it. 

A/N Sorry it has been a while, this is shorter chapter because I am still trying to get the flow. I will edit the other chapters and Aesthetics, you won't have to reread them they will be the same just better grammar and just a little different wording.