Epilogue

Tawny nearly skipped to her car as she left her office. It had been six months since they'd made it home from Bangladesh during which time Lucas had taken a job in security for her dad, essentially becoming happy 2.0; he and Tawny had started dating, and Reese had begun taking college courses.

Tawny settled in her bright yellow Aston Martin and headed home, she had about an hour before her date with Luke that evening.

She walked briskly through the lobby and road the elevator to her dad's penthouse at the top of Stark tower, her grin plastered firmly across her face. As she exited the elevator she collided with Tony.

"Oh sorry daddy" she said quickly laughing.

Tony released his hold on her arms where he had grabbed her to steady her, "hey what's the rush kiddo?"

"Got a date with Luke have to get ready." She replied briskly preparing to rush off to her room.

Tony smiled at his oldest child thrilled to see her so happy, "come see me before you leave alright?"

"Sure daddy." she called over her shoulder as she rushed to her room to change.

Tony shook his head and headed towards the office where he knew he'd find Pepper.

"Hey Pep?" He called as he entered the room, "you know what our little girl is up to tonight?"

Pepper smiled gently reaching out to hug her husband, "yes I do and you are not to bother them! Remember we love Lucas." She told him firmly as if reprimanding a scheming little boy.

"Sure of course we love Lucas." Tony agreed innocently as if that were the most obvious thing in the world. "I was just thinking maybe we could live Lucas on his own without having to attach him to Tawny." He nearly whined knowing he had little to no say in the matter but hating the feeling of sharing his little girl.

"Tony you leave them alone I mean it."

Tony was just trying to come up with an argument when Tawny twirled into the room her knee length black dress flaring around her legs. "What do you think?" She asked her parents cheerfully.

"No no it makes you look to old go change and add a braid or some pigtails something!" Tony said sullenly.

Tawny looked at her dad in amusement, "daddy I haven't worn pigtails since I was fifteen."

"Yes well it's a shame I miss them go do pigtails again!" He insisted.

Pepper lay her hand gently on Tony's shoulder trying to suppress her laughter. "You look beautiful honey don't listen to your father I think he's about to have a small crisis." She told Tawny chuckling.

Tony simply pouted before pulling her daughter into his arms holding her as if it were his last chance, you know you don't really need a boyfriend you can just stay here and hang out with me forever." he said quietly his tone almost pleading.

Tawny leaned back to look into her father's eyes. He meant the world to her he had saved her, literally. He's shown her love she thought she'd never experience. "Daddy I love you, I'm not going anywhere I promise. Just cuz I'm dating Luke doesn't mean you're losing me! You should know that by now! I'm never giving my daddy up, never."

Tony pulled her close again trying to hide the mistiness in his eyes. "Better not." He grunted quietly.

"Miss Tawny, Mr reeds has arrived." Jarvis said breaking the moment.

"Thank you Jarvis." she said trying to extricate herself from her father's arms. "Mom a little help?"

"Ok Tony let her go." Pepper said prying her husband away from his daughter.