Partner

You walked around a huge hall filled with laughter, talk and music. Everything was new to you. You didn’t know anyone here, or rather you knew everyone in this room, but nobody knew you. Although you started working at the  entertainment agency, you were only an intern. You straightened the mask, which hiding your face and went to the bar. The biggest plus of a masquerade is that you can be what you want - you just need to put on a mask. It was a closed party where everyone could relax. To get drunk and dance, to joke with each other, to sing, even to bathe in a huge fountain in dresses and suits. Today it was possible to do everything, without any consequences.
“The game will begin in 15 minutes,” the host announced. When you went in, for each person on wrist was tied a ribbon with a pendant, on which was a number, you got the lucky number 7. Closer to the end of the party, should be played a game. The host randomly selects the numbers of the guy and girl who become a couple. A race is organized in the maze. If a guy caught a girl before the end of time, then the girl fulfills the guy’s wish. If the girls managed to hide in the maze, then the guy fulfills the wish of the girl. They handed out cards to everyone, and you wrote “Kiss” in neat handwriting. You put the card in an envelope with your number and gave it to the staff. You smiled, in any case whoever you paired, you will win.
You took a few sips from your glass and walked closer to the middle. Everyone began to gather in a huge hall. The game started. The host continues to take out numbers from two black boxes, announcing pairs. The host got the next two numbers and laughed.
“The next pair is clearly meant for each other. Lady number 7, gentleman number 7.” Everyone around laughed and applauded such an accident, you didn’t even at first remember that you had number 7. You hurried to the stage, meeting your partner. He was a handsome guy in a gray mask, a black suit and a black shirt. You smiled, because even yours masks were the same color and in the same style. Maybe this is really fate. Stepping closer, you immediately recognized your bias from GOT7. You greeted and moved to another room.
“It’s nice to see new faces this evening,” he said when you were by yourselves.
“I so stood out, that you can immediately see that I’m here for the first time?” you got nervous
“In a good way, yes. You are like a breath of fresh air here, where all the faces are too familiar. Although I’m not sure that you recognized me.” He said and smiled
“You are Choi Youngjae from GOT7. It’s hard not to recognize you, even if your face would be completely covered, because of mole under your eye, person would definitely recognize you.” You laughed softly.
“Wow, I even didn’t think that someone recognized me so quickly.”
“If you constantly look at a person, it does not matter how he is dressed, or how covered his face will be. Habits and voice didn’t change."
“So it’s means that you look at me all the time?” his smile widened. While you were talking, you went outside where the other couples were already.
“I will leave this question unanswered” you tried to hide your smile. Today your dream came true you with your bias and you talks as friends. Now you just have to win!
“You know my name, but I do not know yours. Is it fair, what is your name? ”
“Isn’t a mask needed to hide your identity?”
“It’s true.” You stopped by the stairs that led to the maze. He bent down to you and you felt a hot breath on your neck “Then I will do everything to take off your mask today”
You did not have time to answer, just at that moment all the others came up, and the host began to explain the rules of the game. You could not concentrate, the words of Youngjae said in a low voice, flowed heat through your body, causing a thrill inside. He gave you a hand while you went down the stairs. Perhaps the atmosphere of the evening or the fact that the guy you really like was too close, your face shone with happiness. You haven’t felt so good for a long time. He was, as always, a sweet and polite guy with a wide smile. He squeezed your hand more tightly, intertwining your fingers together, when you swayed slightly. Someone ran by accidentally hitting you with his hand, because of which you lost balance. Youngjae caught you, tightly pressed to his body. He turned and cursed in trace of this man.
“Are you okay?”
“Yes, thanks,” you still hugged his neck tightly.
“It seems that you will find myself in my hands even earlier than I expected” his eyes darkened and his glance changed. Now he was completely different, your heart was swoon when he looked at you like that. You quickly leveled off and took a step back.
“I plan to win today! So I do not advise you to count on an easy victory, “you sent him a flirty look.
“Good luck. But no one except me knows this maze so well. But you sparked my interest, I hope the race will be exciting. I can’t wait ” his eyes burned with anticipation, while he took slow steps in your direction, and you stepped back.