For Her Wings

P R O L O G U E

Being stuck between two very important things that are at the end tugging each of your arms can be overwhelming. On one side, there’s the loss of someone you love, and on the other side, there’s the loss of someone you are in love with.

That’s Levi Clarkson’s life.

A gorgeous blonde beauty who can make any girl drop to her knees and beg for him to love her. Looking at him, you would justify him as a player or a jerk. Knowing him, you would justify him as the man who cares for his best friend more than he cares for himself.

Levi has a girlfriend, Jenna, who’s completely in love with him but a little insane. There’s that flashback in Levi’s mind every time he feels trapped. A flashback of Jenna on the bar with a glass sliding across her wrist, and tears streaming down her face. Levi isn’t in love with his girlfriend, he loves her, but only as a best friend. But what would you do if you made a foolish promise in panic and worry of possibly the most important person in your life?

Levi is in a relationship with his best friend, and he is content. She’s a beautiful, witty women with a great personality. And as long as she’s happy, Levi’s happy. As a kid, Levi was lonely and dark, trapped in himself. Jenna walked into his life and became his best friend, always making him feel special and loved. How could he say no to someone like that?

But then he met Madison, a beautiful woman with golden hair and soft, innocent blue eyes. She’s carefree and wild, she’s caring and has absolutely everything in common with him. She’s flawless and perfect but scarred and hurt at the same time. Levi can’t help but fall in love with her.

That’s where the tug of war starts.