Chapter 1 - "Who put hot sauce on your dildo?"

C H A P T E R   1 :

 New York was a busy city, full of people and the signature yellow taxi cabs. It was fast pacing, time flew by quickly here. It was overwhelming. Try closing your eyes for thirty seconds, that ice cream shop across from you will already be closing up, the last set of people leaving with happy grins on their faces and mouthwatering, fresh ice cream in their hands. That nurse at the local hospital will be leaving, pain and exhaustion clearly showing in her eyes. And the sun will be ¾ down to it’s last sun ray, gladly inviting the flawed moon to rise up and ‘shine’.

Levi sat in his smooth leather chair, gazing at the lovely New York view in front of him from his office building window. His eyes held wonder as he saw so many people walking on the streets, some wore casual clothes, hanging out with friends and being immature. Some wore high branded fashionista clothes, a starbucks coffee in their hands and their heels clicking the pavement floor, it was almost like Levi could hear the click, he’s heard it many times before. And some wore office clothes, pencil skirts or rich suits, walking down the streets in either a dominating way or a snotty way. New York was so critical and judgemental. Suddenly, a ring broke Levi out of his thoughts.

“Hello.” He snapped into his phone.

“Who put hot sauce on your dildo?” A feminine voice asked in sarcasm.

Levi chuckled and relaxed, it was his girlfriend, Jenna. Well, he wouldn’t really prefer her as a girlfriend. She was mostly his best friend, he never saw her in a way more than that. He knows that its a cruel thing to do, call someone your girlfriend when you only consider them your best friend, and you have no feelings for them at all. But what could Levi do? Five years ago he was an immature teenager with only Jenna as the most important person in his life, and five years ago he made a foolish promise to her while she was trying to take her own life.

“Maybe you did, who knows.” Jenna gasped on the other line in a jokingly manner, “So why’d you call?”

“Why? does there have to be a reason to call my boyfriend?”

Levi winced, he’d been called that for five years from Jenna, and you’d think he’d must have gotten used to it by now. But no, he hadn’t. “I know you J, there’s always a reason when you call.”

“No there isn’t.”

“Yes there is.”

“No there isn’t.”

“Yes there is.”

“No there isn’t.”

“Yes there--”

A silky, sweet voice interrupted Levi. “Am I late? I didn’t mean to be!” A golden haired girl burst into the office, panting. “Hi, I’m Madison, Mar--”

“Hold on Jenna, I’ll call you back.”

Levi snapped his phone shut and glared at the girl in front of him. “Who do you think you are bursting into my office without a warning and interrupting me while I’m taking a call?”

“Oh, I...I-I...didn’t mean to...”

“You still did. I don’t know who you are or what you want, and I don’t care either. Get out before I have my security do it for you.”

“No! Don’t! I’m so sorry, I was worried I was late and--”

“Get out.”

“No you don’t understand--”

“Get.Out.” Levi growled.

The girl stood there silent for a moment. Finally, her mouth set into a thin line and she spoke up, her eyes blazing anger. “You’re going to regret this.” And she stormed out.

“I don’t regret anything.” He called after her.

Boy was he wrong.

**

Once again, the scene displayed Levi sitting on his leather chair, playing with a crystal ball that was in his hand, pondering about life. That’s all he ever did these days. Actually, he had been doing that for a long time now. Ever since his father died two years ago-- ever since Jenna became his girlfriend.

With closed eyes, Levi’s brain worked its way through the memories. When he was nine, he met Jenna, his beautiful best friend. Jenna had saved him from himself, he was a pretty dark boy when he was young. Levi’s parents always ignored him, too busy in working and being rich. He was lonely until Jenna came along. She was pretty lonely too, her parents were dead and her brother was the only one raising her. In a way, both kids saved each other from themselves. It was the start of something new.

Levi remembered punching Jenna’s first boyfriend when he broke her heart and dumped her over a phone call.

He remembered late night partying out with Jenna as an irresponsible teen.

He remembered thinking that the night of August 9th was a normal night where him and Jenna would be out partying, but it wasn’t.

He remembered Jenna up on that bar, almost sliding that glass across her wrist.

He remembered confessing his ‘undying love’ for her.

He remembered rushing to the hospital that same night and promising his dying father that he would marry Jenna and take over the family enterprise with his mother, Clarkson Magazine.

**

Jenna stood on top of the neon bar that was glowering lights onto her face, her leather jacket was messily exposing her shoulder, her tight floral tube top clung to her chest and her punk-star short shorts were tight around her legs, the rhinestones sticking out. A drunken grin was placed on her face, a piece of sharp glass close to her wrist.

“Hello people of the world!” She shouted, giggling. “Guess what I’m gonna do? Take my own life!” She giggled once again, but her soulful brown eyes were mixed with sadness and pain.

Her best friend made his way through the crowd, his mouth was agape and his soft gray eyes were getting darker, with anger and fear. Levi pulled his lips into a tight line when Jenna’s eyes fell on him, she grinned bigger and chuckled.

“Levi! My best friend!” She screamed, pointing to him, “Only best friend. Nothing else...but I want more...” She trailed off, frowning.

Levi gulped, his eyes now wide with surprise and confusion. Did his best friend just confess that she liked him? Never in the full fourteen years that he has known her did he ever suspect that. She was always so carefree and...friendly around him.

“I love you, but you’ll never feel the same. I don’t have my parents with me...I have you, but I can’t go on everyday, pretending that I’m not in love with you.” Jenna confessed.

“So, I’m doing what’s right...I’m saying goodbye.” Her voice cracked, “Goodbye.”

Just before she could slide the glass across her wrist, Levi jumped up on the bar and tilted her downwards and placed his lips on Jenna’s, it was the only thing that first popped into his mind. His eyes were plunging out of their sockets, so were Jenna’s when they pulled away. She faintly touched her lips as tears slid down her cheeks.

“I love you.” Levi blurted out, feeling guiltier by the second.

“You do?”

“I do. I love you Jenna Hayes.”

And that was how Levi started living a lie. He didn’t know that one day, his web of lies would be hard to get out of.

Leave a comment below for feedback!

Vote!

Read!

And have intercourse as much as you can! ;D