𝗉𝗋𝗈𝗅𝗈𝗎𝗀𝖾

────────── ✩ ──────────

PROLOGUE

Should I, Should I not?

The chestnut brown haired girl watched as the petals swam away in the river to their own destinations. The rain had started slowly, dropping onto her like her thoughts were in her head. She let out a scoff after realising what she was doing.

"This is so stupid. " She shook her head at herself, throwing the flower in the river, watching how it swam away just like her dreams were about to. She stood up, letting her feet drag her away from her favourite place aside from the kitchen. 

───────────────────────

She heaved a sigh, eyes wandering around without any rest. Her eyes caught the sight of her best friend who seemed drunk although she knew her friend wasn't. She quickly trudged towards her as she was about to fall. 

"Siyeon, how many drinks have you had?" She signed using her fingers with her eyes furrowed as she gripped her friends arm. Siyeon frowned, shrugging.

"I don't know, like five?" That filled the girl's chest with worry. "Jangmi, don't worry." She booped her nose before giggling, "ooh, that rhymed." She howled with laughter making the girl sigh with worry.

"Need some help?" Jangmi recognised that voice, the one that always managed to wash her worries away.

"Yes, please." She groaned, watching as her other best friend took a hold of Siyeon. "Thanks, Rina."

"No problem, Mimi." Rina took a hold of Siyeon before leaving Jangmi to arrange her thoughts as for what she was about to do.

I should. The girl with chestnut brown hair took small steps whilst encouraging herself internally as for what she was going to do. She huffed out a sigh, tapping the man dressed in a tuxedo in front of her. The man turned around, making Jangmi's heart race with nervousness.

"What is it, Mimi?" Jangmi's eyes flickered as she gulped. She opened her mouth to speak but nothing came out. She sighed and opened her mouth to speak, this time successfully.

"Can I talk with you, Dad?" The question left her mouth with ease though her hands were getting clammy as he nodded.

The father-daughter duo walked together to the garden behind their house (which was more of a mansion) . The brown eyed girl admired the beauty of the flowers as they fought against the wind, just as she was in her mind, contemplating if it was too late to step back.

"What did you want to talk about?" Her father's rough voice snapped her out of her trance as she swallowed the lump in her throat.

"I have decided what I want to do." Her voice came out no more than a whisper, her eyes took a stroll around the garden. Her father's eyes lit up as a small smile started to form on his face.

"Really? So you'll be an agent?" His voice laced with excitement made her heart clench as she didn't want to disappoint her parents with her choice of occupation.

Jangmi shook her head, a voice in the back of her head screaming for her to not utter the words she was going to.

"I want to be an idol." Her heart clenched as she watched her father's face fall as soon as the words exit her mouth. His face contorted into a confused one.

"Jangmi–" he sighed, rubbing his temple, "I thought we talked about this. You can't be an idol." He denied.

"Why not?" A voice chirped in, making Jangmi slip out a small smile at the familiar voice. The person walks in further, a woman in a green cocktail dress with straps, matching with her green heels and a snake necklace dangling from her neck.

"Minji, don't interfere. This is between a father and a daughter." Jangmi's father scoffed, which Minji returned. She walked towards Jangmi, placing a hand on her shoulder, adjusting the red strap of her maroon cocktail dress.

"No. This is between Jangmi and Jangmi only." She corrected, "Suhyeok, you can't make someone be an agent like us just because they're our blood." She said, turning towards Jangmi.

She placed both of her hands on shoulders, steading her daughter as she looked her in the eyes.

"You can do whatever you want. I'll always support you." She spared her ex husband a glance before saying, "Unlike someone." Sending her a smile and guiding her out of the garden with her arm around her shoulders, the mother-daughter duo left, leaving Suhyeok to sigh in distress.

───────────────────────