Trappola ꨄ︎ April Fool's

You and an orange-haired boy sat on a bench in a park, in the cold, early morning. The sky was a beautiful grey blue, and you could hear the early spring-time birds.

"Y/n. When'll you be done with that to-do list, anyway? Seems kinda boring to me." "To you, Ace. Not me." You mumbled distractedly, your scarf muffling your voice a bit."Whatevs. I'll just..." He made a pretense of walking away, then suddenly grabbed your hand. "Hey—! What do you think you're—" Allowing you to have fun, yeah?" In one swift motion, he pulled you up, and started running. You had no choice but to follow, while still protesting. "Where are you taking me, anyway?" You asked with a slightly mad pout. "Haha! Who knows?" He grinned mischievously, looking back at you. You ended up at a small, quaint town that wasn't far from the park. "I'm still mad at you, you know," You declared, blushing a bit. "Aw, loosen up. Besides, that was fun, wasn't it?" "'Fun'... That's your definition, hm? Count me out, then." "Mhmmmm, sure. Anyway, we're here for a reason. Cater-senpai tells me there's this trendy café around here, so I decided it'd be fun!" He said with a smile. "Is 'fun' all you think about? There's more important things, like schedules, and..." You trailed off as you could see he wasn't paying attention, looking around. "Oh bother. What's the point?" You mumbled annoyedly. "Oh, we're here y/n." "The 'Love Square Café'?... Wow." "...Huh. I forgot that Cater-senpai suggested it... Of course it'd be this cheesy." Ace held open the door for you, casually. You walked in together, holding hands. There was an older woman at the counter, who smiled at the two of you. "What a charming pair of love birds." She said quietly, but loud enough to make you blush."What can I do for you two?" She said with a pleasant manner. "I dunno. You wanna go first, y/n?" "Oh... thanks. Could I please have one large black coffee?" "How textbook, y/n~" Ace teased. "could I have a medium Cappuccino?" "Certainly. That will be seven dollars, and fifteen cents." You and Ace split the bill. "Thank you for your purchase. You may wait  at any table, and here's your number," She said, handing Ace a black stand with the numbers sixty-five. "Alright y/n, let's sit down then," "Ace..." you said as you sat down. "Is there any coincidence that it's April Fool's and you asked me out to a cliché café which I would normally dislike?" "Not at all, y/n," Ace said, looking somewhat surprised. "You've given me an idea, though..." He grinned. "Oh, please no..." "Don't worry, I'm kidding... 'Cause I already got you something!" "Eh?!" You made a face of despair, but you were also secretly curious. "You love coffee so much, I got you this!" He said with a huge smile, and put down a hot pink thermos on the table, and one half had zebra stripes, the other a leopard print, and a bunch of stickers. On it said 'i♡ coffee'. "Not only is it absolutely gaudy, it has a little 'I'??" You sighed. "What will I do with you?"

Luckily the rest of the morning-afternoon wasn't so chaotic. In truth, you had a lovely time, and, little did Ace know, you actually used the thermos, at home...

Thank you so much for reading!! I'm so sorry I didn't write for a while, but I've been super busy!! Please forgive Author-san!