🦋 BIO 🦋

1. Quetzalcoatl : Female

Quetzalcoatl (/ˌkɛtsəlkoʊˈætəl/) is a deity in Aztec culture and literature. Among the Aztecs, it was related to wind, Venus, Sun, merchants, arts, crafts, knowledge, and learning. It was also the patron god of the Aztec priesthood.

12. Huītzilōpōchtli : Male

Huitzilopochtli, also spelled Uitzilopochtli, also called Xiuhpilli ("Turquoise Prince") and Totec ("Our Lord"), Aztec sun and war god, one of the two principal deities of Aztec religion, often represented in art as either a hummingbird or an eagle.

3. Tezcatlipoca : Male

Tezcatlipoca, (Nahuatl: "Smoking Mirror") god of the Great Bear constellation and of the night sky, one of the major deities of the Aztec pantheon. Tezcatlipoca's cult was brought to central Mexico by the Toltecs, Nahua-speaking warriors from the north, about the end of the 10th century ad.

4. Tlāloc : Male

Tlāloc is a pan-Mesoamerican god of rain and earthly fertility. Principally recognised as a chief deity of the Aztec (or Mexica), earlier Zapotec and Mayan civilisations worshipped a similar rain and fertility god, known as Cocijo and Chaac respectively. For the Aztecs, Tlāloc was 'the living embodiment of the earth'

5. Mictlantecuhtli : Male

Mictlantecuhtli was the Aztec god of death. The Aztec pictured him with a skull for a face. Mictlantecuhtli ruled the underworld, called Mictlan, along with his wife, Mictecacíhuatl. The Aztec believed that people's souls lived on after death. Certain souls went to one of several paradises, or heavens.

6. Xipe Totec : Female

Xipe Totec (/ˈʃiːpə ˈtoʊtɛk/; Classical Nahuatl: Xīpe Totēc [ˈʃiːpe ˈtoteːk(ʷ)]) or Xipetotec[2] ("Our Lord the Flayed One")[3] was a life-death-rebirth deity, god of agriculture, vegetation, the east, spring, goldsmiths, silversmiths, liberation, and the seasons.[4] The female equivalent of Xipe Totec was the goddess Xilonen-Chicomecoatl.[5]

7. Cōātlīcue : Female

Coatlicue (/kwɑːtˈliːkweɪ/; Classical Nahuatl: cōātl īcue, Nahuatl pronunciation: [koːaːˈtɬíːkʷe] (listen), "skirt of snakes"), wife of Mixcōhuātl, also known as Tēteoh īnnān (pronounced [teːˌtéoʔ ˈíːnːaːn̥], "mother of the gods") is the Aztec goddess who gave birth to the moon, stars, and Huītzilōpōchtli, the god of the sun and war. The goddesses Toci "our grandmother" and Cihuacōātl "snake woman", the patron of women who die in childbirth, were also seen as aspects of Cōātlīcue.

8. Xōchipilli : Male

Xōchipilli [ʃoːt͡ʃiˈpilːi] is the god of art, games, dance, flowers, and song in Aztec mythology. His name contains the Nahuatl words xōchitl ("flower") and pilli (either "prince" or "child") and hence means "flower prince". Xochipilli. God of love, lord of flowers, young men and fertility, patron of homosexuality.

9. Mixcoatl : Male

Mixcoatl (Nahuatl languages: Mixcōhuātl, [miʃˈkoːwaːt͡ɬ] from mixtli [ˈmiʃt͡ɬi] "cloud" and cōātl [ˈkoːaːt͡ɬ] "serpent"), or Camaxtle [kaˈmaʃt͡ɬe] or Camaxtli, was the god of the hunt and identified with the Milky Way, the stars, and the heavens in several Mesoamerican cultures. He was the patron deity of the Otomi, the Chichimecs, and several groups that claimed descent from the Chichimecs. Under the name of Camaxtli, Mixcoatl was worshipped as the central deity of Huejotzingo and Tlaxcala.

10. Chalchiuhtlicue : Female

Chalchiuhtlicue, also spelled Chalchihuitlicue (Nahuatl: She Who Wears a Jade Skirt), also called Matlalcueye (She Who Wears a Green Skirt), Aztec goddess of rivers, lakes, streams, and other freshwaters.

11. Chicomecōātl : Female

In Aztec mythology, Chicomecōātl [t͡ʃikomeˈkoːaːt͡ɬ] "Seven Serpent", was the Aztec goddess of agriculture during the Middle Culture period.[1] She is sometimes called "goddess of nourishment", a goddess of plenty and the female aspect of maize.[2]

12. Xolotl : Male

In Aztec mythology, Xolotl (Nahuatl pronunciation: [ˈʃolot͡ɬ] ( listen)) was a god of fire and lightning. He was commonly depicted as a dog-headed man and was a soul-guide for the dead. He was also god of twins, monsters, misfortune, sickness, and deformities.

13. Tlāhuizcalpantecuhtli : Male

Tlahuizcalpantecuhtli [t͡ɬaːwisˈkaɬpantekʷt͡ɬi] is a principal member of the pantheon of gods within the Aztec religion, representing the Morning Star Venus. The name comes from the Nahuatl words tlāhuizcalpan [t͡ɬaːwisˈkaɬpan] "dawn" and tēuctli [ˈteːkʷt͡ɬi] "lord".

14. Chantico : Female

In Aztec religion, Chantico ("she who dwells in the house") is the deity reigning over the fires in the family hearth. She broke a fast by eating paprika with roasted fish, and was turned into a dog by Tonacatecuhtli as punishment. She was associated with the town of Xochimilco, stonecutters, as well as warriorship. Chantico was described in various Pre-Columbian and colonial codices.

15. Tōnatiuh : Male

In Mesoamerican culture, Tonatiuh (Nahuatl: Tōnatiuh [toːˈnatiʍ] "Movement of the Sun") was an Aztec sun deity of the daytime sky and ruled the cardinal direction of east. According to Aztec Mythology, Tonatiuh was known as "The Fifth Sun" and was given a calendar name of naui olin, which means "4 Movement".

16. Xiuhtecuhtli : Male

In Aztec mythology, Xiuhtecuhtli [ʃiʍˈtekʷt͡ɬi] ("Turquoise Lord" or "Lord of Fire"),was the god of fire, day and heat.In historical sources he is called by many names, which reflect his varied aspects and dwellings in the three parts of the cosmos.He was the lord of volcanoes,the personification of life after death, warmth in cold (fire), light in darkness and food during famine. He was also named Cuezaltzin [kʷeˈsaɬt͡sin] ("flame") and Ixcozauhqui [iʃkoˈsaʍki],and is sometimes considered to be the same as Huehueteotl ("Old God"),although Xiuhtecuhtli is usually shown as a young deity.His wife was Chalchiuhtlicue. Xiuhtecuhtli is sometimes considered to be a manifestation of Ometecuhtli, the Lord of Duality, and according to the Florentine Codex Xiuhtecuhtli was considered to be the father of the Gods,[10] who dwelled in the turquoise enclosure in the center of earth.Xiuhtecuhtli-Huehueteotl was one of the oldest and most revered of the indigenous pantheon.The cult of the God of Fire, of the Year, and of Turquoise perhaps began as far back as the middle Preclassic period.Turquoise was the symbolic equivalent of fire for Aztec priests.A small fire was permanently kept alive at the sacred center of every Aztec home in honor of Xiuhtecuhtli.

17. Tepēyōllōtl : Male

Tepēyōllōtl (Nahuatl pronunciation: [tepeːˈju˕ːɬːu˕ːtɬ]; "heart of the mountains"; also Tepeyollotli) was the god of darkened caves, earthquakes, echoes and jaguars. He is the god of the Eighth Hour of the Night, and is depicted as a jaguar leaping towards the sun. In the calendar, Tepeyollotl rules over both the third day, Calli (house), and the third trecena, 1-Mazatl (deer).

18. Mayahuel : Female

Mayahuel (Nahuatl pronunciation: [maˈjawel]) is the female deity associated with the maguey plant among cultures of central Mexico in the Postclassic era of pre-Columbian Mesoamerican chronology, and in particular of the Aztec cultures. As the personification of the maguey plant, Mayahuel is also part of a complex of interrelated maternal and fertility goddesses in Aztec religion and is also connected with notions of fecundity and nourishment.