Chapter 28: Intelligences of the Artificial Persuasion

Springs: Moxxi said you're after some military AI. Big soz, but your best bet's a mate of mine, a little ankle-biter by the name of Pickle. Lives in the Outlands. He's almost impossible to reach, mind, but I can help with that. Take this scrambler.

I grabbed the scrambler.

Springs: Now, then – I'll upload coordinates of an old Dahl garage to your ECHO. Get goin', I'll explain on the way!

Timeskip

We reached Triton Flats

ECHO-Springs: It ain't easy to get to Pickle's place on foot, but I can help you out with – ready for it? – a Stingray. It's old Dahl tech. They're not much to look at, but Moxxi tinkered with the design so now they jump like a skag in heat. Problem is, Stingrays aren't easy to get your meathunks on. So happens that scrambler, uh... came my way. It's supposed to unlock digistructing at that old Dahl garage I'm sending you to. Once you unlock a Stingray there, I'll fix it so all Moon Zoomies are Stingray'd up.

After a while we reached the garage.

Wilhelm: Door is locked.

ECHO- Springs: I forgot about that door! Combo's 8-0-0-8 – don't ask me how I know. At least the place still has power!

I entered the code.

ECHO-Springs: Before Dahl upped skirts and left Elpis, the integrated Moxxi's improvements into the production model. They'd deny it though. Plug in the scrambler to that digistruct machine.

We went to the station.

ECHO-Springs: Yeah, that's it! Now just order yourself up a Stingray!

Tim: Lemme see.

He pushed a few buttons and constructed a stingray.

Springs: Bonza! And, I've been able to hack their system to copy a fresh plan over, so you'll be able to digistruct these anywhere from now on

Springs: Bonza! And, I've been able to hack their system to copy a fresh plan over, so you'll be able to digistruct these anywhere from now on. Now get your backside to see Pickle – though feel free to get a feel for her first, see what she can do!

Each of us constructed one and we were on our way.

Timeskip

We approached Split Fire Pass.

ECHO-Springs: Now you're on a Stingray, you can jump that, no worries. Prob'ly.

We managed to jump to the other side, although Wilhelm wanted to push Claptrap down.

ECHO-Springs: Nice! I've told Pickle you're coming – just go meet him.

We entered Outlands Canyon.

ECHO-Zarpedon: Vault Hunter, this is Colonel Zarpedon of the Lost Legion. Soon, Elpis will be rubble. I will be dead from the explosion, along with everyone on Elpis and most of those living on Pandora below. I've seen you fight, and I respect your skill. If you agree to leave now, I will send you an interstellar ship. We will not follow you. Think it over.