INTRO

Lakeyn was a very superstitious person. She had the most controversial theories to almost everything. Her mind went from the deepest of thoughts, to something as simple as a pair of lucky sunglasses.
She was wearing those lucky glasses, though, the day it all happened. Lakeyn never would have guessed the turmoil she was about to experience after she decided to step foot out her front door. One thing you need to know about Lakeyn is that she actually was a fairly lucky person. She didn't experience the typically bad situations she had seen everyone around her go through her whole life.
Chicken pox, mumps, measles - that was something Lakeyn never had to deal with. Rather, she watched everyone around her suffer with itchy skin and a swollen face while she tried to figure out why she was so clearly exempt.
Her conclusion was that she wholeheartedly possessed the power of luck and no one could take it away from her.
She definitely thought she had enough proof to backup her theory. Her parents had stayed together, married and in love for 30 years and counting, while she saw all her friends work their way through broken homes.
Everywhere she went, people would stop and stare. She didn't know if it was because of her Auburn hair under the street lights or the way everything she chose to wear accentuated the curves of her body in the best way. Well, whatever it was, she assumed she was naturally blessed and always imagined it would be a life-long affair of consistent good fortune.Lakeyn did not realize, for life to make sense and for life to be fair, there had to be a balance.
There were lessons that needed to be learnt and experiences that needed to be inhaled.
Someone believing they are that lucky always leads to some humbling, especially since Lakeyn didn't empathize with anyone.
She was so caught up in herself and consumed by all her successful endeavors that true compassion was a foreign concept in her mind.